FMU vs. Tuning

Boost-n-Juice

I'm debating on putting the Novi 2k back on this new shortblock (stock 302 with X cam) nothing special. It will have my Canfields (flow 295@ .600), Victor Jr upper/lower, 75mm TB 90mm MAF with 36's.

My question is...will this FMU get the car running half way decent? I've always had a custom tune from LaSota or Dynotune but my megasquirt isn't done and I just basically want to get this thing running. I realize to get peak #'s, it's all in the custom tune, but it's just not feasible right now.

What is your opinion? Leave the blower off for now until I have the Custom Cam, Mega squirt done and proper injectors? I've just never ran the blower with the FMU and don't know what to expect.

Thanks - BC

Oh, my first stop will for sure be the dyno for a couple pulls w/the wideband regardless of what the combo is. I just don't want to dump the $$ for the flip chip and tune when I'm planning on running the Megasquirt. The problem is I'm limited on time because we are moving soon and just want the car driveable.

I can just throw the blower on later when I've got all my ducks in a row. I still got the bottle in back anyway ;-)

Just a 255 in tank. 36# injectors. I just sold my CHP 347 and 60# injectors because the compression was too high @ 10.5:1. So I'm basically taking a "few" steps back and just want to enjoy the car for a while until the Boss based low compression 331 is done. I'm a lil burned out right now.

Stay away from FMU's, period.

High compression and boost doesn't scare me (it's worked well many combos, 11.5:1 and sometimes higher). The basis of any EFI controller is to properly control spark and fueling under any and all condition. FMU distorts this, unless its a simple 1:1 ratio to make up for intake pressure acting upon the injector.