I > *

Kevin R.

Alex I think we'd agree on a good amount of the rules. Definately some interesting ones in there that I'd like to try out though such as the NBA Jam rule...could definately turn a game on its ear quickly. Actually I'd have to keep that idea away from my father-in-law...he's deadly accurate.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also forgot to add the Lone Ranger rule, if there's a cup that isn't touching any others and you call "Lone Ranger" you can only hit that cup, but if you do you get the ball back. i'm not much of a pong player, but i'm a lone ranger sniper.

i think were more likely to play by the general osu/ou rules.

I'd pwn you all.

Also, beer pong should have few rules at all. No hands other than blocking bounces and double bounces, blowing is allowed but any male who commits shall be brutally shamed, only 1 re-rack allowed per team the entire game so choose wisely and yada yada.

i think were more likely to play by the general osu/ou rules.

Those are almost the general OSU/OU rules. I would gladly play in this tourny over some I have played in the past. Some people have the most fucked up house rules EVER.

Examples:

No blocking the bounce.

two re-racks (common UK rule)

Re-rack after EVERY CUP MADE

You dont drink all the remaining beer if you lose

No order in how the cups are set up...also known as Minepong or scatter-pong

No redemption...first to hit the last cup wins

The list can go on and on.

The rules I try and play with everywhere I go are as follows:

-Ten cups, 3 beers per side

-Bounce you can swat but if it goes in counts for two

-Bitches Blow

-Both team members make a cup the balls come back (rollback)

-Both team members make the SAME cup (death cup) game is over

-One re-rack, cannot be in the middle of a turn including rollbacks

-"Touch-ups" are acceptable and can happen in the middle of a turn

-REDEMPTION, aka the end of the game is where the most differences between houses occur (my opinion) - if one opposing team member hits the last cup the other team has to hit one cup to continue the game. If both opposing team members hit the final cup game is over. The cups are not drank if the game continues. To me, this is harder and keeps the better players on the table.

Do you guys play on homemade tables or regulation pingpong tables? That's another thing that kills me when traveling...I'm so used to shooting on a fullsize pong table that when I play on shorter tables my shot is fucked up. It normally takes a game or two to ajust.

PS - I would def be down for a tourney...21+ please. ;)

-Marc

-Bitches Blow

-REDEMPTION, aka the end of the game is where the most differences between houses occur (my opinion) - if one opposing team member hits the last cup the other team has to hit one cup to continue the game. If both opposing team members hit the final cup game is over. The cups are not drank if the game continues. To me, this is harder and keeps the better players on the table.

Thats exactly how I play. Thats how the redemption/rebuttal should always be played everywhere IMO

-Bitches Blow

Do you guys play on homemade tables or regulation pingpong tables? That's another thing that kills me when traveling...I'm so used to shooting on a fullsize pong table that when I play on shorter tables my shot is fucked up. It normally takes a game or two to ajust.

-Marc

Your rules are money. Exactly how I play.

We play on whatever is available. Lately it has been a door (haha) which is about perfect although 8 feet is ideal. I have played on a ping pong table and it is just too fucking big.

I'm comin' for ya Mike.

Let's do this shit.

The one thing I hate is the douchebags who seem to carry a fucking rule book in their pocket. It is a drinking game for Christ sake. Some shit has to be let go. "OMG ELBOWS! ELBOWS! YOU WERE LIKE TWO INCHES OVER THE LINE! THAT IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!" Those guys. If that shit happens I laugh and throw them the balls back.

The one thing I hate is the douchebags who seem to carry a fucking rule book in their pocket. It is a drinking game for Christ sake. Some shit has to be let go. "OMG ELBOWS! ELBOWS! YOU WERE LIKE TWO INCHES OVER THE LINE! THAT IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!" Those guys. If that shit happens I laugh and throw them the balls back.

That's the fucking truth!

I will say that I enjoy the longer table...I guess that's just what I'm used to so i have no problems with it. After a few games on a shorter table though it seems to get too easy...but i'll play on what you have!

-Marc

Those are almost the general OSU/OU rules. I would gladly play in this tourny over some I have played in the past. Some people have the most fucked up house rules EVER.

Examples:

No blocking the bounce.

two re-racks (common UK rule)

Re-rack after EVERY CUP MADE

You dont drink all the remaining beer if you lose

No order in how the cups are set up...also known as Minepong or scatter-pong

No redemption...first to hit the last cup wins

The list can go on and on.

-Bitches Blow

-Marc

those sound about right. ive hardly ever played on an actually ping pong table. lack of space usually confines the tables to a much smaller plane.

I generally adhere to similar rules as Marc, except I usually do the 2 re-racks a game. Hell many people I play with will rerack at 6,4,3, and 2. Once you get used to it it's nice because it helps move the game along (let's not forget the point of the game is to drink).

Also, many times I've excluded the death cup rule since it promotes both teammates focusing on that and trying to shoot a nearly the same time, then you argue if one of them was going to make it but you pulled the cup and the ball hit your hand....blah blah blah....not worth the damn trouble.

I usually play on a 4x8 sheet of plywood, but will make due with whatever.

on another note have any of you ever played true beer pong with paddles (what we play is beruit)? It's big on the east coast and has been around for a long time, but I've never done it. I'm interested to try sometime though.

I generally adhere to similar rules as Marc, except I usually do the 2 re-racks a game. Hell many people I play with will rerack at 6,4,3, and 2. Once you get used to it it's nice because it helps move the game along (let's not forget the point of the game is to drink).

Also, many times I've excluded the death cup rule since it promotes both teammates focusing on that and trying to shoot a nearly the same time, then you argue if one of them was going to make it but you pulled the cup and the ball hit your hand....blah blah blah....not worth the damn trouble.

I usually play on a 4x8 sheet of plywood, but will make due with whatever.

on another note have any of you ever played true beer pong with paddles (what we play is beruit)? It's big on the east coast and has been around for a long time, but I've never done it. I'm interested to try sometime though.

yeah, the fucking yippies over here call it "Beeahh Pawwng" and it sucks. They refer to what we know as "pong" or "beer pong" as beirut, which just makes no sense to me whatsoever. Beirut is a city in Lebanon, not a drinking game.

I'm all down for the redemption rule, usually how we play is if one team ends the game by sinking the last cup and BOTH members don't hit that cup (which would=death cup and game over), the almost-losing team can have a rebuttal. both members try to knock down all the remaining cups, each getting to shoot til he misses. I'm willing to change though.

As for regulation size? We kinda stole a gigantic table from someone's trash heap, knocked off the legs to fit it upstairs, and reattached them. I think it's about 4x8 which isn't standard (i believe standard length for a ping pong table is 110") but it is, in our estimation, pretty damn well sized and sturdy.

Oh and an unspoken rule that too often has been argued about...if you knock a cup down trying to block a bounce or for any other reason, THAT CUP STAYS OUT. fucking retards here try to tell me all the time they they'll just fill it up again and put it back.

I agree that cups knocked down by the team stay out. I actually believe they should have to pour a new one and drink it just for being a jackass.

the way I've always played the rebuttal rule was:

say team A is shooting on the last cup, if both of team A's members make it in the last cup, it's over (a-la deathcup). If only one of them makes it, then each member of team B gets to shoot on whatever cups are left. Only one has to make it, and it goes back to team A's turn as if nothing had happened.

the main point is just to agree on "house rules" before playing anywhere so that a giant argument doesn't break out in the middle of game play....slowing down the drinking again.

I'll take you on, one-on-one 6 cup..

BTW, I didn't see you at the World Series Of Beer Pong preliminary for ohio at Lucky's Stout House. Me and my buddy were semi-finalists and got shut out by one cup. Winners had their way paid to Vegas for the Finals hosted by WSOBP which is aired on ESPN2 and Satellite TV.

I'll take you on, one-on-one 6 cup..

BTW, I didn't see you at the World Series Of Beer Pong preliminary for ohio at Lucky's Stout House. Me and my buddy were semi-finalists and got shut out by one cup. Winners had their way paid to Vegas for the Finals hosted by WSOBP which is aired on ESPN2 and Satellite TV.

Yeah. I don't think you will see me at any sponsored drinking events for about another year buddy. ;)

Everyone always wants to play one-on-one 6-cup to determine who is better. 10 cup, two beer, best of three is how I like to play one-on-one matches.