1995 Contour SE V6 Auto

Ziggy1647545504

Got it started today, appears to have been a combination of issues. First, when I had the upper intake manifold off, I did not replace the upper intake manifold gaskets, and upon closer inspection after pulling it again, they were pretty badly deteriorated causing a massive vacuum leak. Second, my plugs were old and worn to .075-.080 on a factory spec of .050. Third, I think I didn't get all of the degreaser and such out of the upper intake when I cleaned it before putting it back on. I have since pulled it all apart again, replaced the upper intake gaskets, replaced the plugs, and with much effort, the car has finally started and seems to be running well. I still have a check engine light which Advance has decoded as an Idle air control voltage too high, and and EGR code that indicates that the EGR valve is not opening. Guy at the counter believes that the Idle air controller is carboned up which is preventing the EGR from working correctly. Sound feasable?

there is a sensor it'll be a grey or silver box with two vacum hoses attached to it that run over to the egr valve more often than not when you get a low flow code for egr the sensor is bad and not the valve to check for this you can clean the valve and reset the light and then get a couple drive cycles in and see what happens

http://www.autozone.com/images/cds/jpg/small/0900823d801bca23.jpg