Why are women used in sports coverage?

Devils Advocate

either make the women so hot i don't care if they are dumb or so smart about sports i don't care if they are smart (still don't care)

frankly take the retarded guys off of there too and just let me watch a damn game

adam posting

i read that twice before seeing the adam posting thing...

i really dont care, as long as they are hot guys. i'd like to see Herbstreit in nothing but a tie... that would make watch the entire game fo sho

heres hoping john madden choles to death on a bloomin onion.

How dare you!? Madden brings life and experience into the game. How would I know "You can't win a game if you don't score any points." or "If the quarterback completes a pass in the endzone, it's a touchdown." if it weren't for him.

I can think of hundreds of things they should be doing instead of making me cringe.

Agreed.

What announcers does everyone like? All you hear is who sucks, who is good, and why?

Contrary to what's been implied in this thread, Herbstreit, at least in my opinion, is an excellent announcer and commentator. He's bright, articulate, measured, and accurate. And he's got good hair.

Mike Tirico is another announcer that I think is good. I would say Al Michaels is probably the best play-by-play announcer I've ever heard. Bob Costas is also up there, too.

I mute the TV for live sports. Well, except Formula 1. You have to leave the sound on in order to find out what anybody other than the leader is doing.

cant do that love to sound of the pads hitting and players calling out the plays and blitz.