1991 Celica Oil Pan Gasket

Ziggy1647545504

I'll be helping a friend out this weekend with his Celica, he's been told that it needs an oil pan gasket. I've not yet seen the car or where it's leaking from, so I cannot yet confirm this is the case, but I'm going into it with the assumption that this is the case. Just looking for a little help as far as what to look out for when doing this. I assume I'll need to drop the exhaust, but otherwise I'm thinking it should be pretty straight forward. One concern I've got though is when I replaced the oil pan gasket on my Honda because I thought it was leaking, it turned out to be an external oil pump leak. Are there any common places on these cars that leak (a lot of) oil that I should look out for?

Okay, it's not leaking from the oil pan gasket. It looks like it is leaking from the crank seal. This is not a project we'll be tackling. Scott, how's business? Think you'd be interested? Probably won't be able to afford to do it until like mid-late February.

• 2 weeks later...