how to change pickup coil

99ta

it will be stiff. on those. but to get the pick up coil out you need to pull the dizzy out and remove the gear. you dont even need to pull the rotor off!

can you be more specific? whats the dizzy?

May I translate...

1) Remove distributor from motor

2) Remove roll pin from distributor drive gear (small punch)

3) Pull shaft out of distributor - it should be snug as it comes out

4) Replace pickup assembly

5) Reverse steps above to reassemble, set timing (even if you marked everything originally)

6) Drive

module is good had it tested.

aj- I was getting power to the coil and no spark from the coil. bought a new coil and that didn't fix it, had the module tested and it was good. so the next thing was the pick up. started and ran for a day. went out the next morning and the same thing. not sure where to go from here.

well....kinda strange. no spark out of the coil. realized the distributer was loose and was out of time. set it straight and it started. ran for a few hours and then went to start it and nothing again. went and got a new module and its running again. I guess we will see if it was the module to begin with. not sure why it would keep starting then not though.....

Guest Removed
yeah got the new module and its been fine. just confused why it would work for awhile then stop....

modules and heat dont get along. i have seen many a gm do it. i had a caddy once that would run fine for 2-3 days, then not want to start after a 20 minute drive!