fast nissans?????

boosted98gst

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool sounds like same set up my coupe is, finally got rid of my lame ass sr20det set up. I already have my s2 r33 motor:)

BDHG what mounts did you go with? what turbo are you going to run? what fuel mang are you using with the rb ? what series motor is it? are you going with a topmount set up? if so which manifold are you using that eleminates the streeting shaft issues?

Its the skyline crossmember I believe that was used on the swap and its a series 2. I have a top mount manifold and a t70 hybrid that I am going to go with on the setup. As for fuel management Im going to run the aem ems and going to tune for e85. I have a greddy knockoff manifold, q45 throttle body, fmic, 1 pc driveshaft, vlsd, etc. Not really sure what streeting shaft issue is? Im new to the nissan's and have been into domestics so Im learning everything as I go

I have done the body, paint, and wheels right now and Ill try and post up some pics later.

the streering shaft issue has to deal with most manifold are made for RHD skylines, so when using the majority of topmount manifolds the 02 housing hits the LHD steering rack, but alot of places are starting to carry manfiolds made for the swap now........either way get on aol when you get time. I will be up for a while

my aim is ride34

I have talked with a dude running the same top mount manifold I have and he just had to change the dump tube coming off the mainfold and that was it. Said it was good on the 240 swapped rb cars(ebay manifold) I know people talk bad about them but Im an importer so I get them cheap and if it breaks, just reweld it.

nothing crazy, she "should" put down 350 to the wheels with current mods. Its a rebuilt VG30DETT with the 5spd heads,

Ash spec ecu

JWT intake

GD split flange downpipes

JWT 2.5" mid pipes

Stillen Exhaust

Unorthodox racing pulley

Greddy Profec B boost controller

Apexi Safc (just installed this not tuned in)

HKS ALC for the tranny

HKS turbo timer

front slotted rotors

ES bushings in teh tension rods

Es front and rear swat bar bushings

Es front control arm bushings

Es rack bushings with the yugo bearnie long bolt included ( not yet installed)

rear solid subframe spacers (Z1 two piece)

nothing crazy, she "should" put down 350 to the wheels with current mods. Its a rebuilt VG30DETT with the 5spd heads,

Ash spec ecu

JWT intake

GD split flange downpipes

JWT 2.5" mid pipes

Stillen Exhaust

Unorthodox racing pulley

Greddy Profec B boost controller

Apexi Safc (just installed this not tuned in)

HKS ALC for the tranny

HKS turbo timer

front slotted rotors

ES bushings in teh tension rods

Es front and rear swat bar bushings

Es front control arm bushings

Es rack bushings with the yugo bearnie long bolt included ( not yet installed)

rear solid subframe spacers (Z1 two piece)

sounds like a nice little set up, you like the auto?

sounds like a nice little set up, you like the auto?

Nope, not at all. If you ever get a turbo car, get a manual. That thing takes days to decide to shift down when you go WOT on the freeway. It likes it best at a roughly 40 roll. My buddies are pushing me to do a 5sp swap, but I did one on my mustang and I'm still paying the credit card bills for it. IMHO a swap is not an option, buy the car you want to drive.

yeah ive never owned an auto car, but helped with my friends 5 speed swap on a 240, was really easy IMO maybe because parts are really easy to come by also.

I have all the parts needed for the swap except the trans, flywheel and clutch. I already have the pedals and other parts. Technically it should be easy and inexpensive, I may still do it.

Edited, in the spirit of the original thread, I've owned fbodies and several mustangs. This is my first import. I love the handling and power of this car. Its not the same as the instant low rpm torque of a V8, but it is fun.

trannys should be easy to get ahold right? i dont know much about the z32's but the jspec trannys are the same? If so any jdm engine place should carry what your looking for.

That was one of the things when I bought it, a popular local shop was supposed to have multiple trannys for as low as 40 a piece, but I missed out on those. I hear they are easy to come by, but I want one that is bullet proof, because I want to spend the money once, and know that I have a solid tranny. I believe in doing it right the first time.

alot of guys are using the z32 tranny's in there 240's after making alot of power with the sr20's, they use a maxworks bellhosuing ect. this place in california where i picked up my motor, had prolly 30 z32 trannys in stock, from turbo and non turbo models, I have no idea how much they were going for, but I still have the number and stuff if you are interested.

I have a 200hpish 240 but it's set up for mad tyte doriftooooo. Also I don't ever drive it anymore and am trying to sell it. Alot of people in the little towns up north have some pretty fast nissans like one dude i know who's putting down 400whp in his Maxima with the KA. Those Maxima people crack me up...

building a s13 now, should be a pretty decent highway car. rb25 swap and doing a turbo upgrade shortly

Wont be anything too crazy but still be able to run with some cars I think

this car is already fast and going to be faster, and its beautiful.