SCCA Autocross Schedule

31rx7

Hey Rich, I realize that you run OVR events, but do you know if any other quasi-local regions put on an auto-x drivers school as well?

I'd like to get my wife driving our cars this year, and I was hoping to have her do her first day in her stock Mazda6 for comfort reasons, but then have her do another school in my M3 that she'd eventually be driving.

I suppose it would be a good idea for me to take the school as well since I haven't done an auto-x in 8 years or so. What does it cost?

When did you get the FD?? It will be a good car for it especially if you keep it TT or dump an LS1 in it.

Its been sitting around...just got around to getting it in good running order this week. it is at the rx7 store gettin about 2k in fixings....then it should be good to go...and ill start modding....it will stay twin turbo...depending on how long the motor lasts is when I may consider the LSx motor...prolly next winter...Ive spent alot of money on toys already this year

Hey Rich, I realize that you run OVR events, but do you know if any other quasi-local regions put on an auto-x drivers school as well?

I'd like to get my wife driving our cars this year, and I was hoping to have her do her first day in her stock Mazda6 for comfort reasons, but then have her do another school in my M3 that she'd eventually be driving.

I suppose it would be a good idea for me to take the school as well since I haven't done an auto-x in 8 years or so. What does it cost?

Chris,

I am not sure about other local clubs and what they offer. I do know:

- The local Porsche club usually has a school

- Mid Ohio SCC may have a school

- The Miami Valley Sports Car Club (Dayton) probably has one (http://66.116.162.213/)

- Probably some of the other marque clubs.

Rich

The last porsche club event i went too, we had like 9 runs + 45min. of fun runs and we were done by 2:30-3ish It was amazing! Of course there were about 25 cars and 4 course workers. (The older porsche owners didn't like standing out in the sun so they had the non-club members/youth go do cones lol.)