toyota guys

Dave1647545494

so I'm surfing around looking for little random shit for my camry and come across a little tidbit and a picture showing a roots style supercharger from TRD on a 3.0 1mzfe camry looked kinda neat it replaces the upper intake just like a kenne bell blower does on a 5.0 mustang anyway I went to TRD's website and no mention of any such item anyway point of this kind of windy post is how easy would it be to get my hands on one of these I'm not trying to make a race car out of a camry but 5 or 6 pounds of boost would make commuting a little more fun

thanks

They're all discontinued, but they came on the UZ motors. IF you can source them you're looking at about 1,200 to 1,500 dollars just for the blower... really hard to find.

Could be found on the ES300's, Camrys, Solaras, etc.

BTW, the stock pulley on the TRD superchargers only made 4psi. However, you can buy an 8psi pulley but anything more than 6-7psi and you'll start running into detonation problems because of a hot charge.

• 1 month later...
so I'm surfing around looking for little random shit for my camry and come across a little tidbit and a picture showing a roots style supercharger from TRD on a 3.0 1mzfe camry looked kinda neat it replaces the upper intake just like a kenne bell blower does on a 5.0 mustang anyway I went to TRD's website and no mention of any such item anyway point of this kind of windy post is how easy would it be to get my hands on one of these I'm not trying to make a race car out of a camry but 5 or 6 pounds of boost would make commuting a little more fun

thanks

As stated they don't make them anymore. Therefore they are somewhat hard to find. Check out solaraguy.com members post them up for sale quite frequently in the range of $1500. Just make sure you are getting all the parts required as sometimes people just sell the supercharger itself. It would definatly make your daily commute a bit more fun!

A customer of Defined Autoworks(Devin), has a 3.0 camry swapped MR2. Adventually, he put on the TRD blower. I know he got a hell of a deal on it, but his friend had it, and had no use for it. I think Devin said he had about 500 bucks in it. Devin told me you pretty much had to get lucky and find one, as they are extremly rare and hard to get your hand on one.

As for how the bolt on, yes it replaces the UIM. 4 bolts, easy install.

Jackson

There are 2-3 guys at my shop that have S/C 4runners, but the blower isn't the same for every 1MZ. You'd have to get a Camry one. Your MPG goes to shit. Phil said he was getting like 12MPG.

Tansky's parts department owns my wallet :(

Tanskys parts dept now sucks since Matt left. Makes me hate sending them faxs on parts cause I know either they will be (A)completely wrong parts, (B)my discount is all fucked up, ©they just wont show effort at getting anything untill I call.

Tanskys parts dept now sucks since Matt left. Makes me hate sending them faxs on parts cause I know either they will be (A)completely wrong parts, (B)my discount is all fucked up, ©they just wont show effort at getting anything untill I call.

I agree.

They say they are trying to hire more people, but I haven't seen anyone in there. We lost Matt, then Ryan moved from parts to Service, and then one of the driver's quit. So really they are down 3 people.

I agree.

They say they are trying to hire more people, but I haven't seen anyone in there. We lost Matt, then Ryan moved from parts to Service, and then one of the driver's quit. So really they are down 3 people.

Yeah i wondered what happened to matt and ryan. I think i talk to Chris? most of the time now. I always asked for matt, he hooked me up a couple of times when i was stuck.

I agree.

Jon, get me a part time in parts, kthnx