limited slip question

SRTurbo04

alright quick question i have an 04 srt4 with lsd in it...i did a new clutch a while back...and one of my buddys said that someone said (u know how that goes) that u have to put limited slid fluid in with your tranny fluid...but the dealer says its not needed as well as advanced autoparts books dont say it eathier...any one know if it is needed...reason im askin is i replaced one axel but its still clunking really bad so im hoping its the other axel but some one said my lsd coudl be BLOwn up ...im sure im not being descriptive enough but anythoughts?

I am by no means a very mechanical person so I could not tell you unless I heard the clunking if it was your LSD or not, but (and yes this may sound stupid and someone tell me if I am wrong please) wold the car drive at all if the LSD was blown? I have seen people blow difs at the track before and they dont get very far. As for the fluid I didnt realize it cause that much of a problem. Me and my buddies always use Redline oils though and I just never payed attention to the labels that close I guess.

Do you have a clutch-type LSD or Gear? What brand is it?

*in my experience*

yes, you should either get a transmission fluid designed for LSDs or put the additive in there, but this is really for clutch LSDs although I'm sure it couldn't hurt a gear type.

If you have a clutch LSD and had troubles from the fluid, it would merely slip, and you'd just do a one-wheel-peel.

I don't really see fluid causing a problem with a gear LSD but I could be wrong. I think you'd have to do a nasty series of launches to break the LSD before your stock axels though.

I had an 04 SRT-4...it comes stock with a quaiffe lsd. I would say it is your other axle, if ur lsd was bad you wouldn't be able to drive the car probably. Oh BTW, you do have to add Mopar LSD Fluid to the tranny fluid, get it at the stealership its like 8-10$

Any more questions, I know a lot about these cars, my old SRT was 507whp and ran low 11's....let me know.

As chris said it depends on the brand of LSD some clutch type require special fluid or additive, some don't. Gear types are normally less picky.

You have to be more and more careful with what type of oil you put in cars anymore. My evo is so picky about its trans and T/C oils, its unreal.

I had an 04 SRT-4...it comes stock with a quaiffe lsd. I would say it is your other axle, if ur lsd was bad you wouldn't be able to drive the car probably. Oh BTW, you do have to add Mopar LSD Fluid to the tranny fluid, get it at the stealership its like 8-10$

Any more questions, I know a lot about these cars, my old SRT was 507whp and ran low 11's....let me know.

thanks man i appreciate it im going to take the other side apart tomorrow and hopefully have it back together so i can actually drive the car wooo

an yea i remeber your car blue gt35r(if i remember) i was with a big group of people going from cleveland ave to ips in 2006 and u shot a nice size fireball at my car when gettin on it lol

Sooo I found out what it was..drove to my buddys house on thje bad axel, ha... well get there get the rim off an see that its in baddd shape...so put the rim back on an drive to get the new axel....250bucks blah....so drive rthere an I hear booom car won't go forward...yada get thje car trailored back to his house take it apart the axels cracked in half an then the input shaft is brokenbad blah....so got a new axel an new inputshaft on the way wooo 500bucks later the car will be back on the road....yay....

Anthony any tricks or tips before puttin the input shaft back in?

thanks man i appreciate it im going to take the other side apart tomorrow and hopefully have it back together so i can actually drive the car wooo

an yea i remeber your car blue gt35r(if i remember) i was with a big group of people going from cleveland ave to ips in 2006 and u shot a nice size fireball at my car when gettin on it lol

Nice man, did you have ur srt then?...and it was a 3076r.

Sooo I found out what it was..drove to my buddys house on thje bad axel, ha... well get there get the rim off an see that its in baddd shape...so put the rim back on an drive to get the new axel....250bucks blah....so drive rthere an I hear booom car won't go forward...yada get thje car trailored back to his house take it apart the axels cracked in half an then the input shaft is brokenbad blah....so got a new axel an new inputshaft on the way wooo 500bucks later the car will be back on the road....yay....

Are you talking about the input shaft inside the transmission? I have only done clutches and axles in my old setup. Oh and I see ur car is an 04...some of the early 04's had 03 axles in them which were slight smaller and less strong. I replaced my axles with actual 04 axles and never broke another one.

No at the time I had a 2004 grandprix green lowered with5%tint I wish I had the 3076r mmm ... an yea the input shaft in the tranny..came out the passanger side..found it for new for 50 bucks it should be here tuesday woooo mine is a july made 2004 so notr sure if its the old axels or newer but I had atleast 100passes at the track an 100burnouts there....then I raced everyfriday an saturday night so I'm suprised how long they lasted...

An I wish I had the 3076 but I'm goin 50trim an then mid season switchin to the gt35r wooo

Any defenite recomedation on a mod to run eathier turbo rigt no2w I have

3inch catless dp to a3inch side exit

Agp wastegate 17/14

Ebay bigfmic

Exhaust depot hard pipes

K&n intake with 7inch filter

Safc first one, waiting to be hooked up(dam wideband needing)

An on the way agp dbb 50trim

Agp (or kenitic if I can't find agp) logstyle manifold

Agp dump tube

Rc750injectors

Walboro 255pump

Agp dump dube

Tial or agp wastegate an not sure what I'm missing...

wow axels are 250 bucks, ouch.

wow axels are 250 bucks, ouch.

Tell me about it....I had to buy bothsides an the dealers don't carythem in stock neither do the mopar warhouses in cleveland...I got this thing some how on a whim, someguy ordered it an never came to get it woooo