Supra's

V8 Beast

You won't fit in the Lotus, no more discussion necessary.

As for the Supra/ZO6 -

A salvage title car wouldn't be worth that much. Those cars seem to be starting to come down in price now that they are hitting higher miles, for just a bit more you can get one with a clean title and just a bit less than pristine. I actually know where you can find one just as I described, too.

If it were a drag strip only car, the combination that seems to work is solid rear axle and powerglide. If it's mostly a street car, stick with the stock IRS and stock 6 speed and learn to drive it.

Here is the deal on getting a supra to hook.

Replace the soft rubber bushings with poly. (Have someone do that for you..TRUST ME)

Replace the rear control arms with power House racing units

Use solid ear mounts to stop the wheel hop.

Use solid sub frame mount for the rear diff.

Replace rear springs and shocks or go with coilovers.

After spending 5k one the rear suspension then it is time for HP. Woon Does use the stock drive train but has replaced all of the above. It also helps he is a good driver. He has taken a bone stock MKIV and went into the deep low 12's.

I am not sure if this is a "hypothetical" thread or not, meaning, I am not sure if you are considering the purchase of a supra or not. If you are in the market for a supra, supraforums ftw. Neverthess, check this out, it is a MUST READ

Woon's Supra hooks up just fine, supra not being able to hook is a myth(in my eyes). It is either a). Money can't buy driving skills or b). they spent so much money on their dyno queen and still on stock suspension. A well built supra is hard to beat. Period. /Thread.

Jackson

I am not sure if this is a "hypothetical" thread or not, meaning, I am not sure if you are considering the purchase of a supra or not.

Giving her a supra would be like shooting her in the head. Its just a what if question to see how people think. Her next car will have 4 wheel drive.

They are not real cars. If they were I would be all over the supra. I already have an lsx so the vette doesnt really do a lot for me. I'm trying to see if people think a vette with less power is worth the same amount as a salvaged supra. You tend to get more in depth answers when you offer in depth questions. Thats why its so detailed.

IT'S NOT REAL LOL! When Ben replied to it all the post said said was "700hp supra". I figured if I didnt make up something more specific I would get a thread full of questions instead... instead now everyone thinks its real :confused: . I guess thats kind of a compliment if the story is that believable.

All joking aside they are not real cars. I can see how the "lol" at the end of the last one could be confusing.

Woon's Supra hooks up just fine, supra not being able to hook is a myth(in my eyes). It is either a). Money can't buy driving skills or b). they spent so much money on their dyno queen and still on stock suspension. A well built supra is hard to beat. Period. /Thread.

Jackson

Big difference between hooking at the track and on the street. We worked hard at getting mine to hook on the street and best we could do was hook 3rd on high boost and that was a solid accomplishment.

Jamie, are you implying that it is easier to hook up from a dig? Honest question, I have no idea with that kind of power and dealing with that chassis. What suspension were you running in your car. I have always heard for just plain out hook up OEM is best. What are you thoughts?

Jackson

Jamie, are you implying that it is easier to hook up from a dig? Honest question, I have no idea with that kind of power and dealing with that chassis. What suspension were you running in your car. I have always heard for just plain out hook up OEM is best. What are you thoughts?

Jackson

From my experience the OEM Mkiv rear suspension produces wheel violent hop, even on drag radials.