Death to the Dodge Viper 1992-2011

thorne

I didn't like the early cars but as they evolved I grew to like the newer ones. I don't know how well these sold for Dodge but I had always though they didn't change the car enough, it's still very much the same car to me. I thought they should really overhaul it like the was from the C4 generation Vette to the C5. Though it sounds like they had just that in mind in that article but obviously it didn't make it.

completely agree, and this is coming from a dodge guy.

I doubt it. I know I've said it before but, the car scene is dying. :(

The internet has killed the car scene. Most people would rather sit at their computer, take pictures of their car or new parts to post, find a new avatar, make a new signature. post their dyno plot/time slip and brag about their mods instead of actually going out to do that. Three winters ago I could go out to any place where I knew people would be get some digs and rolls on the way there and digs when I got there. It does not happen anymore. I can understand not wanting to get into legal trouble, but that has never stopped anyone before.

The internet has killed the car scene. Most people would rather sit at their computer, take pictures of their car or new parts to post, find a new avatar, make a new signature. post their dyno plot/time slip and brag about their mods instead of actually going out to do that. Three winters ago I could go out to any place where I knew people would be get some digs and rolls on the way there and digs when I got there. It does not happen anymore. I can understand not wanting to get into legal trouble, but that has never stopped anyone before.

LoL the internet killed the car scene?

The original Vipers were hot cars, the first gen GTS's were sick as hell. Since then they really dont have the look of a supercar.

The Viper is really a special car. A person has to want the car so much that they can look past, burning their leg when they get in/out of the car, and being cramped once in it. Then they have to look past paying $20,000 more then a Z06 and have no options what so ever in the process.(no traction control, no navigation, no heated seats, heads up display, power seats, and a radio that sucks ass) Have to understand that once you buy it, if your over 6' tall, you have to buy a seat lowering kit, just so your head doesn't touch the roof while your in it.

But to me personally, I was ok with all that because it was a "Viper". Afterall, it was my dream car and I always wanted one. So then I got one and it was a nightmare. The paint quality and build quality are really not up to par to my Z. The dealerships are a bunch of idiots and don't know how to fix problems with it. Mine was in the shop over 70 days for the same two problems, that are still not fixed. When there is a problem, Dodge mandates you jump through hoops to get it fixed. (i.e. they need to take pictures of the warranty items in question to see how much Dodge will pay to fix it)

It's retarded. It's really no wonder Dodge isn't going to make the Viper anymore. Don't take care of people spending $90k on a car and they wont buy another one, or any other Dodge products for that matter. I was going to buy that Challenger when it came out, F that.

All that said, I will probably still buy another Viper at some point, but probably the last production year and just leave it stock. I love the looks of the Viper, just man... wtf

Very good point. I could see whay they are doing away with it.

The ones who are saying "good riddance" don't get it. Competition is good for all of us. Do you really think Chevy would bring out a 600+ HP without a 600+ hp Viper or a Ford GT for that matter? This is not good news.

I second this logic. It's not good at all.