Weld my diff.

Farkas

I'm looking for a shop or someone that will weld my 6.5' diff and make sure the ring and pinion have the correct backlash when re-installed into the carrier. I could do it all myself, but I don't have the right tools to measure the pinion depth and backlash. The diff itself is very similar to a Ford 9', so it's nothing out of the ordinary.

I understand the liabilities of welding my diff, but that's not my concern. I will sign papers and etc releasing whomever from responsibility if it's necessary.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/2zumeunos/IMG_1022.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/2zumeunos/IMG_1021.jpg

cant dan or devon weld decently? just take iot over there...i know they got that nice welder just sitting there

I'm not so much worried about the welds, I just want the backlash and pinion depth set right so the ring gear doesn't eat itself alive and sound like i'm driving a wind up toy.

i can weld it. i take it you want some one else to take it apart to weld it right, then but it back together!(the right way)

Basically, yes.

I can disassembled everything and have it welded no problem, I'm just concerned mostly with the reassembly since I don't have proper tools.

Guest Removed

well you dont need to pull the pinion to weld it. and the turning rings on the sides set backlash. just check it before you take it apart and put it back the same!

lmk if you want it done. just pm me.