No country for old men.

thorne

like titanic?

I don't know did Titanic win best picture?

I'm thinking has Star Wars, Matrix, Spiderman, Lord of the rings, any of the movies that can get millions in return and millions to watch and make 3 movies out of a story, ever win a Best picture award?

It really seems to me that I see all the commercials out after this award ceremony and now the commercials will say: "Watch this "obscure movie" that Universal put 2 million dollars into making but it has only grossed 1 million and it won an Emmy" or "This actress won this Emmy in this movie, so you must see it". At least that is how I understand the translation.

Titanic won, so did LOTR 2. Those are two large grossing movies I can think of in recent history. (damn you doc, beat me to the punch)

I've never seen NCFOM but I may see what newgroups have to offer and watch it this week. It cleaned up last night. Michael Clayton and Juno were also nominated for everything too. Juno was hilarious but I have yet to see Michael Clayton.

I don't know did Titanic win best picture?

yes sir. along with ten other oscars...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120338/awards

and, for the record, the return of the king was no slouch either...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167260/awards

star wars was nominated, but did not win, as was the matrix. i understand your sentiment, ben, but i think that your blanket statement may have been a little less than factual.

I guess I became biased also when Denzel won a Acadamey Award for a leading role for "Training Day". That man has acted many good leading roles that he should have won an AA for. However the one he wins an "AA" for is a crooked cop in the hood? :wtf: I think they are a joke and a marketing scheme and no more. To me Denzel was punked by Hollywood when they gave him the "AA" for that. That Best actress award last night to that "U R A Peein" chick is a joke, Kate Blanchette could act circles around that chick and Kate Lost to her. She can win but Denzel in "The Siege" can't, He wasn't even good enough to get nominated for it, Oh at least he was nominated for "Malcolm X" but lost. What the Fuck Ever......