Learn to weld?

verse

Does anyone know if there are any adult classes to learn to weld around the Columbus area? I'm thinking like a 6-8 week class to just learn the basics.

It keeps me from doing a lot of things I'd like to do, and I think it'd be fun to learn how. I have a little experience learning in autobody class, but I only did it for a day or two.

I know the South-Western Career Academy (in Grove City by Central Crossing High School) has night classes open to the public. Not too sure exactly if they have a class devoted to welding but I would check it out.

Yeah I went there for auto tech. I was led to believe those were CSCC night classes that were just held at SWCA.

Guest Removed
I know the South-Western Career Academy (in Grove City by Central Crossing High School) has night classes open to the public. Not too sure exactly if they have a class devoted to welding but I would check it out.

its a couple hunderd bucks to take them, but you due get mig and tig skills out of the class! theres a book that goes with the class that has lots of stuff in it. just doing it helps alot. hands on is the best way to learn on scrap peices!

its a couple hunderd bucks to take them, but you due get mig and tig skills out of the class! theres a book that goes with the class that has lots of stuff in it. just doing it helps alot. hands on is the best way to learn on scrap peices!

How do you sign up for them? Just go to the school during normal school hours?

I am very interested in this as well-

I took the JVS class but it is mainly focused on arc welding (buzz box) which I cannot stand.

a tig/gas focused class would be awesome- also for certification purposes that would be sweet-

I have often daydreamed of going to the hobart or lincoln welding schools which we are lucky to have both in ohio but it is a week long, not cheap, and would have to miss a lot of work for a "hobby".