Looking for someone to fix my car

blue98ls1

I don't know if this is the right spot to post this, mods feel free to move it.

I bought a project car, and was planning on fixing it this summer, but would like to get it drivable asap for my mother to drive temporarily.

Its a 1995 Subaru SVX.

The previous owner gave me a box full of parts that will supposedly fix everything wrong with the car.

As the story goes, it was his daily driver until the timing belt shredded. The transmission is stuck in 3ed, but he had been driving it that way for a while. He said it needed some kind of valves replaced in the transmission and it could be fixed without dropping the transmission. He included those parts in the box of stuff to fix it.

While he was replacing the timing belt, he broke a bolt for the water pump, and said the water pump will need to be replaced. He also has one of those in the box of parts.

He said it would have still been drivable with the minor coolant leak from the water pump except the car started having an over heating issue, which I discovered once it got here the fans are not functioning.

He was trying to toss the car back together as quickly as possible because he was moving out of state, but couldn't get it done in time so I bought it from him really really cheap. I already have an SVX as a daily driver, and couldn't pass up this deal.

Basically, it should be fairly simple repairs. The transmission is the last thing I want fixed. I am more concerned about fixing the coolant leak and radiator fans. Once I know the car runs fine after that, we'll move on to the transmission.

Either PM me or post up how much $$ you would want to fix it. If you want to come see it first to get an idea of what you would be dealing with, thats ok too. I can either have it towed to you for repair or if you don't mind working in the cold, you can fix it in my driveway.