Anyone ever drove/saw one of these?

93toNV

I was looking around for a cheap toy on ebay and came across this. http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-49cc-GAS-POCKET-ROCKET-GIOVANNI-MINI-BIKE-BLUE-CHRM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem140210445005QQitemZ140210445005

It looks cool, but how much fun are they. Being that small I would assume they are hard to ride and hard to control with those small tires. Anyone that can give me any info on them, please do! Im thinking I want one :cool:

Yah, thats basically all I want it for. I went ahead and bought one, but not from ebay. I found a site called minipocketrockets.com. They stand by their product, offer free warranties and their prices are around the same as the chinese junk on ebay. They also sell and stock all kinds of performance and replacement parts for them aswell! Cant wait to get it. Let the road rash begin :burn:

Just out of curiosity...where did you get yours from?

A site very similar to yours. They stood by it and tried to help me diagnose the problems we were having (three of us bought them and they all had problems) but eventually I got tired of dealing with it since it is simply a toy. I guess it can equate to I do not know everything about these engines so fixing one is not my expertise, but I shouldn't have to take apart the carb and shit as they were telling me 2 days after I bought it.

They are fun....just made of very cheap parts. The sprockets stripped out on ALL our bikes.

For ~$200 I expected a little more I guess. We ended up making one bike out of all three of them, which ended up breaking as well. :lol:

They are fun IF you have a place to ride them. It's illegal to ride them on the streets. Cops were cracking down when they were popular a few years back. A buddy of mine gave one to his kid. He crashed into a friend that was riding his and had a compound fracture of his leg (you know bone sticking out and all) had to have pins and the whole nine yards and he was 10 years old. His son had road rash and a concussion. They are not a toy.

I had a little 50CC one; Good deal of fun... learned very quickly that wheelies weren't smart.... Then it was a naked pocketbike, with no fairings, and a fabricated seat and chopped exhaust... I got a good 6 months of fun out of it before i decided to sell it to avoid putting it in a moving truck. I paid $150 for mine, convinced a buddy to drop $400 on one so we could screw around together; Don't think I could ever justify a grand though...

My neighbor had one.FUN as can be.They feel faster than they are but my neighbors would make fun of us when we rode them.I didn't care we were having too much fun.You can get hurt on them though.A buddy of mine that had an Aprilia wiped out in the parking lot at work and got a bunch of road rash.We kept telling him he couldn't handle the power of a real bike.

• 2 months later...
I bought one years ago for 480 from buckey something fun bike lasted a year kept meltin a o ring in the carb an the bike would stall...as well as the exhaust welds got too hot an broke.... I do have a full tank seat an rear tail section got it for free cause they scratched mine was gonna paint it but ah well for sale 20 bucks

Guest 614Streets
ok, some people don't unerstand: These are strictly a novelty. It's a toy for horsing around in a parking lot.

Actually the real ones are used in class racing , I am not a bike guy whatsoever but my younger brother Paul is and what he owns and races is called a NSR 50 , they have a sanctioned orgainzation and they race.

http://a536.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_2df409bac90c875a8b207b4b9e4b727f.jpg

http://a317.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/51/l_711c19ba083c86abbc853861cde7f0fc.jpg

Im sure the fucking bike guys will chime in. I hate bike people :)