Baby mama drama (long read)

ShoMeSomeFun

Dude, seriously you need a fucking lawyer. If you care about the kid, sell a car and get REAL legal counsel. That is real advice.

However, if you're just looking for lower payments and visitation rights, I again don't respect you. If you think she's crazy and you love the kid, go for custody, she shouldn't have him. If you just want to play with him, then hand him back to the woman to do all the work, you should pay, allot.

No Im not asking for lower payments, she wants more money and I dont get to see him at all.

We agreed to $450 a month, and we would do 50% shared time with him. I have him for a week, then she have him for a week.

I make 2400 a month, add a car note, insurance, cell phone, rent, etc. it all adds up. I normally left with around 300 after bills. And she claims him on her taxes.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Im not asking for lower payments, she wants more money and I dont get to see him at all.

We agreed to $450 a month, and we would do 50% shared time with him. I have him for a week, then she have him for a week.

I make 2400 a month, add a car note, insurance, cell phone, rent, etc. it all adds up. I normally left with around 300 after bills. And she claims him on her taxes.

Court does not care what you have to pay. They take what they feel the kid deserves off top....and then leaves you with what's left not caring if it covers your shit or not.

Court does not care what you have to pay. They take what they feel the kid deserves off top....and then leaves you with what's left not caring if it covers your shit or not.

Sad but true.

Then before you know it, youre living with your parents again because they decided you were going to pay 1200 a month.

lawyer, lawyer, lawyer

as fast as possible

and take a copy of that agreement you signed

You think that agreement would hold in court? It has witness signatures for both parties and notary on it.

I have no problem having a child, just dealing with her is my issue.

How do you get medical records for when she tried to kill herself? I would be one not to let a suicidal woman raise a child, especially since its not un-common for new-born mothers to develope postpartum depression.

Ive always been under the impression, that men dont normally win child-custody cases. Thats why I settled with her out of court, seemed better for my kid not to agrue and just play stupid and go along with her demands.

as a mere 3rd year law student, i'm not allowed to give you advice

even though i worked in a family law office for a while

Take the document to a lawyer that can represent you

There are often certain formalities involved with documents like this (not saying there are or are not)

delete!

If she tried to kill herself, chances are, theres a police report somewhere.

You'll need to lawyer up though.

Good point. Police reports are public information. Just go to the local records, or maybe even search online depending where it happened

as a mere 3rd year law student, i'm not allowed to give you advice

even though i worked in a family law office for a while

Why didn't you just give the advice? No one knew you were a law student until you mentioned it.

this is why i should turn lesbo..... you guys have more drama......

Can I watch one day?

this is why i should turn lesbo..... you guys have more drama......

I think we have it easy. Men have the ability to throw $$$ at a problem to make it go away. Women are basically stuck. No comparison between the drama of a baby daddy and baby momma. That girl's life is over.

I'm seriously not allowed to say much more than 'get a lawyer' Noone is. (not just because of law school)

They've criminalized "giving legal advice" when not licensed. The Bar wants its $$$$ and doesn't want normal people opening up law firms without having spent $200k on a legal education. Fockers. So, noone here is supposed to give much information...i just happen to be rather weary of that law

If she tried to kill herself, chances are, theres a police report somewhere.

You'll need to lawyer up though.

Im not sure if cops were ever involved, i dont know if her family called emergency services for that situation, or took her straight to the hospital.

If there is a report does a lawyer have to obtain it or am I able to get ahold of it.

My girlfriend has lawyer in her family that deals with these situations, I have yet to talk to him though, waiting for him to call. She says that he handles cases all over Georgia, and that hes really good at what he does.

Family law = state by state

What's good in Georgia might not be good in Ohio

might be similar...might not be

Medical report: I sure hope hospitals wouldn't release PERSONAL information without a court order :) I don't want my/your/anyone's info that readily available