T-Rex Stands

Zecho

Came home to a gift from thewoman today. She bought me a set of T-Rex stands from ebay. I put them together and figured while I had it up I'd clean the chain with my trusty grunge brush (it's last trip sadly, it broke on me).

It took me a few minutes to get the height adjusted for my swingarm, but once set it seemed to be a pretty solid set of stands. I even hopped on and bounced around a few times to see how they would take it. Now, I'll tell you just like I told her, I don't think they would hold both of us on there, but that's a whole nother video.

Time will tell how well they last. I would have preferred the CycleCat stands, if for nothing else the removable handles are a damn good idea, but I'm pretty happy she actually went out of her way to buy something for the "other woman" as she calls it. For $100 bucks, it's not a bad deal I would have to say.

Cool! Looks nice.

I'm on my 4th season with my Handy stands $99/front and rear stand package from http://www.handyindustries.com. There's really no reason they shouldn't last a VERY long time. They're just stands. I'm never on the bike with them holding it up anyways, there's no point to be, unless you just entered the pits and waiting for a tire change in the Daytona 200. But that isn't until March though. :dunno:

You don't have to use a block to hold it upright. I've done it for ages by just putting my hand on the seat and hooking the rear up. It's a 5second job.