Russian jet fighter SU-30

ICEMAN1647545504

F-22 and SU-37 are roughly equivalent in maneuverability and speed, but the Raptor is a full-stealth aircraft, and the combat avionics and their integration with our other combat intelligence assets are miles ahead of the Russians.

F-22 would splash the SU-37 without the SU-37 ever knowing where the missile came from.

Very true - but if you want to look at another category of Russian aircraft vs American... the Military Channel has that special every year of MiGs vs F-15s.

The Germans are the only allied country to the United States with MIG-28s that will participate in simulated dog fights with American aircraft. Needless to say, the outdated MIGs seem to have outdone the Eagles thus far.

Though when it comes down to the F-22 Raptor vs the SU-37... I'd put my money on the F-22 any day. Even if it was outclassed somehow, which is not the case - I'm a Marine... so our boys need all the support they can get.

F-22 > that.

A few reasons:

1. It (Su-37) is Russian, so it'll probably fall apart

Actually, the Russians tend to take their Jets seriously. In a real world market, the Sukhoi is the most attractive buy.... due in no small part to the fact that it's the only one for sale (you can't buy an f22).

-It's cheap, probably 1/3rd the price of the F22

-It's simple, the F22 is full of maths. Sukhoi jets can historically be fixed with a hammer and a crescent wrench.

In a dog fight, who would win? We'll never know, the F22 will take it out before it's ever within visual range.

Have you guys seen the actual promo videos selling the Sukhoi jets? Check out what they're shooting down, and tell me who they're marketing to. :p

Kinda reminds me of Robotec/Macross

They're also chops.

No. No they're not.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4db_1199679365

Dude if that's a real pic then the Jet is 70ft long. lol

Ever seen a fighter up close? They ain't tiny.

*ahem*

MiG-29 Fulcrum Specifications

Primary Function: Multi-role fighter

Contractor: Mikoyan-Gurevich

Crew: One

Unit Cost: N/A

Powerplant

Two Klimov/Sarkisov RD-33 turbofans at 18,298 afterburning pounds of thrust each

Dimensions

Length: 56 feet and 10 inches

Wingspan: 37 feet and 3.25 inches

Height: 15 feet and 6.2 inches

Weights

Empty: 24,030 pounds

Maximum Takeoff: 40,785 lb (18500 kg) -- Fulcrum-A

Performance

Speed: Mach 2.3 (1,520 mph)

Ceiling: 55,775 ft (17000 m) -- Fulcrum-A

Range: 932 miles (810 nm / 1500 km) with internal fuel -- Fulcrum-A

Armament

One 30mm GSh-301 cannon with 150 rounds, Six AAMs including a mix of SARH and AA-8 Aphid (R60), AA-10 Alamo (R27T), AA-11 Archer, (R73), FAB 500-M62, FAB-1000, TN-100, ECM Pods, S-24, AS-12, AS-14

It's not too far off.

Length: 56 feet and 10 inches

Wingspan: 37 feet and 3.25 inches.

Scale it out, skippy. ;) You've got a bunch of people in the foreground. Even if the jet was on the same plane as them, the wingspan would be close to 50ft. It is, in fact, behind them, meaning hte actual length is longer than that.

You've also got a larg cargo aircraft in the foreground. I have seen many jet fighters up close, they're big but not that big.

Actual pic of the crashing jet? Sure

Actual pic of the crowd fromthe wreck? Perhaps

But they were 2 different images clipped together.

Scale it out, skippy. ;) You've got a bunch of people in the foreground. Even if the jet was on the same plane as them, the wingspan would be close to 50ft. It is, in fact, behind them, meaning hte actual length is longer than that.

You've also got a larg cargo aircraft in the foreground. I have seen many jet fighters up close, they're big but not that big.

Actual pic of the crashing jet? Sure

Actual pic of the crowd fromthe wreck? Perhaps

But they were 2 different images clipped together.

So wait. First it's a whopping 70ft. long, but then when I tell you it's damn near 70ft. in real life, your first guess wasn't valid? What makes your second arguement any better?

Off to make a poll to get majority opinion... :cool:

p.s. You're wrong. :p

unless they re-named it for some reason thats an SU-37 and they have had it for awhile.

the SU-37 is the thrust vectoring version of the SU-27.

One in the OP's video = Su-37

One I posted = Su-27

Atleast, I think. Hell, all those Russian planes look the same.

P.S. - Rob, the plane takes off. :lol::p