Newb w/ GTO and GTI

Guest nadthomas

Guest nadthomas

I bet he still has the Cougar and he makes $148k per year.

Yes, honestly I wish that was true on both accounts.

Keep 'em coming.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its my DD so nothing crazy and I'm getting married this year so money is a little tight. Also, I log a lot of miles for work, so I need to keep it practical. I have been trying to buy the 18" Beryen 5 staggered setup from a guy on ls1gto, but he is dragging things out. If things fall through with him I will get some other 18" staggered setup, probably something from the TSW line. I think I'm in need of some Pedders Radius Rod bushings. I would also like to sneak in a set of the 05/06 brakes, but not sure how I'm going to accomplish that without my fiance knowing.

Next year I might Pedderize the car with a full set of bushing upgrades, struts, and drop springs. Some LT would be nice, but I need to keep the exhaust quiet for the work I do, and overall I'm extremely happy with the cars power stock, so its not really "necessary", but more is always better.

TSW is like the preferred brand for goat owners 85% of the time. I would recommend the bushing upgrades. After the track last year and finally tryin to drive it now, I realized I created a long list of problems. Look into brembos also!

ok, hold on...

i have some beef with your previous post, my friend.

The factory I bashed my stepdad worked there for about 15 years under both the old and new ownership. He was head of maintenance, but he regularly had to speak with both the new and old owners on how to properly allocate the money so could actually had any money to purchase steel to get jobs done, and before they lost contracts. While I never worked there, I have walked the entire plant, and my stepdad knew a thing or two about making a steel mill work.

this statement has a couple falsehoods.

could actually had any money to purchase steel

cant say for sure about buckeye days, but i know for a fact that we (columbus steel) dont purchase any steel. being the type of business that we are, it would be fairly counter-productive to do so. also, if i wanted to be nit-picky, id say that your grammar is comical.

my stepdad knew a thing or two about making a steel mill work

while i am in no position to tell you what your stepfather does or does not know about the operation of a steel mill, i can tell you that i work in a foundry. (of course, you probably knew that already, because your stepfather told you) this is also the reason its unnecassary for us to "purchase" steel. we make it.

While I never worked there

ahhh...i see. so, really, all you know is what your stepfather has told you. i think were getting to the heart of the matter now.

Excuse me once again for voicing my opinion.

there it is, folks. the answer weve been looking for. i highlighted, underlined and italicized so you wouldnt miss it.

merriam-webster defines an opinion as " belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge". i submit that this is, in fact, the case here. now, i would be more inclined to fogive an opinion like this had it not come from the same person who threatened to leave us after only a few days because, in someone elses opinion, one of their previous cars was rice. when pressed about why it bothered him, this was his comment...

It probably shouldn't, but when you personally invest hundreds of hours into a car comments like that tend to bother you.

given that i have invested at least "hundreds" of hours into my chosen vocation, does it suprise you, nad, that my reaction was any less vociferous than yours? it shouldnt, especially considering that your thread was an open invitation to critique, while mine was really only relevant to anyone looking for a job. why you were even in it, i must confess, is something of a mystery to me.

Keep flexing that e-muscle guys, its freaking hilarious.

when did it become hilarious? was it after you threatened to "take your ball and go home" and no one begged you to stay?

please, im begging, come back to us. were under new ownership and we need you to help us get this place running. columbusracing is lost without you, nad.

Yes, honestly I wish that was true on both accounts.

Keep 'em coming.

You didn't even quote the insult. That comment shouldn't even make sense to you.

Guest nadthomas

Orion -

Yep, I suck at grammar, but then again I don't really care if everything I type here is grammatically correct, its a fucking car forum.

Yes, I see were your coming from, and I realized well before you spelled it out that the reason why you are taking this stance is because you are passionate about what you do, and you believe that you are working for a good company. I voiced my opinion, and you voice yours.

Now, as for my "falsehoods" yep I don't know much about what they actually need to buy to produce their products, as I have never had much interest in the industry. But then again, I never claimed to work in the industry, and in my first comment about that factory I said (and I quote myself)

Sorry, but my stepdad was the 3rd shift maintenance foreman at Buckeye Steel for years, and he never had anything good to say about the place.

I believe right there I represented myself not as someone who worked there, but as the son of someone who had, and he did not care of it. I just thought it was something that someone who might be considering a career move should know. Instead you have tried to twist it and act like I am representing myself a some sort of expert in the field and that my facts are all wrong. I never presented any facts, only opinion, nothing more. (I bolded "opinion" just for you since you like it bold)

I will agree with your last statement, I do think you need more people on this forum like me. Maybe that could bring this all back to a civil car forum were people can discuss issues and opinions (look its bold again) openly without people bashing every post someone makes, and sending threads completely off topic.

Now, as for my "falsehoods" yep I don't know much about what they actually need to buy to produce their products, as I have never had much interest in the industry. But then again, I never claimed to work in the industry, and in my first comment about that factory I said (and I quote myself)

I believe right there I represented myself not as someone who worked there, but as the son of someone who had, and he did not care of it. I just thought it was something that someone who might be considering a career move should know. Instead you have tried to twist it and act like I am representing myself a some sort of expert in the field and that my facts are all wrong. I never presented any facts, only opinion, nothing more. (I bolded "opinion" just for you since you like it bold)

Like you said, since you don't have first hand knowledge about the place, then perhaps you should leave your comments out of it? Being a recent college graduate (even if you did go to school with a dildo for a mascot) you should be able to understand this logic.

Guest nadthomas
Like you said, since you don't have first hand knowledge about the place, then perhaps you should leave your comments out of it? Being a recent college graduate (even if you did go to school with a dildo for a mascot) you should be able to understand this logic.

Wow, are you stalking me now. Get a life.

LOL @ Eli and DJ both taking shots at this guy. Haven't seen a beatdown in the making like this in a while.

Also, Noob Nad, sometimes it pays to STFU. If you lie very still and say nothing, maybe everyone will become distracted by something else.