chevy guys

Dave1647545494

2001 impala 3.1 uncle says on the way down from minnesota his dash lights took a shit is there anything more common to go bad? dimmer, body module, cluster?

I'd like to fix it before he goes home and the quicker I can knock it out the more random family shit I can do instead of just spending his vac down here fixing the stupid cluster

thanks

2001 impala 3.1 uncle says on the way down from minnesota his dash lights took a shit is there anything more common to go bad? dimmer, body module, cluster?

I'd like to fix it before he goes home and the quicker I can knock it out the more random family shit I can do instead of just spending his vac down here fixing the stupid cluster

thanks

hate to state the obvious, but have you checked the fuses???

Just dealt w/ this exact issue on my truck. Unfortunately it also knocked out my running lights front and rear. As was said, check fuses, then switches ( especially a dimmer/rheostat ). If none of that works, take a look at a schematic and start disconnecting other things on the circuit to trace the short you're probably dealing with.

Good luck, hopefully it's something easy.