Helmet recommendations?

GonneVille

"the helmet should be worth the value of the head that it is protecting"

I've never heard that before. Makes a lot of sense though. I'm goin after the OGK FF5 straight from Japan for about 5 bills. I hear it's the best and the lightest.

I can vouch for that first hand.:cool:

Yes sir you can! Thank you again!

Don't go too cheap though. As one wise old enthusiast told me, "the helmet should be worth the value of the head that it is protecting"

BTW if a helmet is Snell whatever approved why is another helmet better if it has the same certification?

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Pony, got a Vega Mach 1, in black rubbercoat. Looks good, feels better, and meets Snell M2005...decent ventilation, not that that's gonna matter in a car with no wind on the helmet...

The other reason for going full faced is that I probably will be getting a bike this summer. I also like hitting the kart tracks every now and then, and I HATE putting on the stupid hair-net and wearing a helmet that's been on gods only know how many shit-stinking slobs...

I would get a good helmet that is also comfortable. I have a helmet now that is brand new and it is not as comfortable as my old Snell helmet that is 10 years old. I thought I would save some money and buy a nice cheaper helmet around $150 , I will not do that again.

Also if you autox anywhere they will check the rating on the helmet ! So make sure you buy the helmet that fits your plans .

• 2 weeks later...
^^^^ very nice man, ill go up there sometime this week and see what i can find, i always end up buying the expensive shit who am i kidding?

if your talking about my helemt I bought it from Jegs back when it was $399 I think the price came down since then