is earth really a sphere?

coupe_no

then you must have missed this page: http://geocities.com/levelwater/flatearth.html

Yup Geocities I always use them when I'm trying to learn about earth. Go walk with your fucking dinosaurs since the earth was mode 6000 years ago and kill urself.

We've had this thing called shuttle go around our earth. So your also telling me the sun goes around the earth? Your so fucking stupid it lets me understand the level which super christians think on.

Get out of my area.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eather way its not fucking flat. I'm in a pissy mood so this thread just gets me going. I mean how do you explain the sun ? how do you explain curventure of the earth. Go kill urself please.

Remeber its down not across.

^well yeah almost nothing is a sphere

but the problem with a globe is- scientists claim that gravity is whats holding the oceans upside down and the australians, but howcome if you spill water down a grade facing the north, it runs right down the grade ignoring gravity, when according to science, it should simply puddle because its being pulled straight down

the water should puddle where the red X is

http://aycu05.webshots.com/image/48764/2005378992100670906_rs.jpg

Gravity is an incredibly weak force. And who says we're not really on the bottom. All about perspective. ;)

You do realize, that we have been in space, have directly looked at the earth, and know for a fact that it is indeed round.

There are also certain places on earth, like the Bonneville salt flats, where you can stand in one place and see the curvature of the earth.

we have been in space? prove it. please. funny that you believe everything higher authority tells you

Bonneveille salt flats, but howcome if you stand in holland MI you can see 80 miles across the lake and see millwaukee WI? the 'curvature' of the earth is supposed to make it impossible

to end the thread- nobody can prove either side

• Confused 1

we have been in space? prove it. please. funny that you believe everything higher authority tells you

Bonneveille salt flats, but howcome if you stand in holland MI you can see 80 miles across the lake and see millwaukee WI? the 'curvature' of the earth is supposed to make it impossible

get a telescope, With said device you can see Sats and even the space station. /thread

Like Thorne said, have you ever heard of a telescope? You can, like, set it up and look at all sorts of crazy man made and natural stuff in space.

You can even sometimes see the ISS with the naked eye.

If the earth is flat why is it that when out on the open water you see the mast of a ship first before the rest of it comes in to view? If it was flat you would see all of the ship at the same time...it would just get tinier and tinier the farther away it was.

Did God just make it that way for fun?@?!

funny that you believe everything higher authority tells you

since i believe every word of the Bible

ok so that is reason 1 why you're a fucking idiot.

reason two: i believe that the earth is the shape of a hand with an extended middle finger. there's a website called http://www.ibelievetheearthismiddlefingershaped.com that proves all my theories, and i also made this sweet mspaint to go along with it that shows the relative location of israel and antartctica:

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/3/8616295470.jpg

so my argument totally is valid, right?

reason 3 you're an idiot:

trigonometry. It is accepted that the curvature of the earth drops at about 8 inches per mile, assuming the earth is a perfect sphere. lake michigan is 517ft above sea level, holland MI is 662 ft above sea level, and milwaukee is 612 ft above sea level. if indeed it is 80 miles, that means that between holland and milwaukee there is a height discrepancy of (8 inches x 80 miles = 640 inches, which is...) 53 feet, 4 inches. Unfortunately for your idiotic idea, (612-517) + (662-517) = 95 + 145 = 250 feet difference between the height the two cities over sea level, meaning that 200 feet of either city should be visible over Lake Michigan.

now that i've proved my side, will you shut the fuck up and die?

• Upvote 3

alex- you say its an 8in drop per mile, but i read its a 19in drop, thats twice as much.

NY times had an article on curvature, read the whole thing

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?_r=1&res=9505EEDA1F31E733A25755C0A96F9C946897D6CF&oref=slogin

so chicago is 579ft abouve sea level, the highest building is 110 stories so a "high building" could be about 90 stories which is roughly... 720ft high

so sea level + building height

579 + 720 = 1299

i couldnt find the level of michigan city but if chicago is 579, holland is 662, mill. is 612, than we can assume its about 560-600ft plus they built the observatory on a sand dune

the two cities are about 45mi away from each other, 50 max

the observatories could NOT see each other! so dont give me that 8in per mile garbage, US officers say you fail

If the earth is flat why is it that when out on the open water you see the mast of a ship first before the rest of it comes in to view? If it was flat you would see all of the ship at the same time...it would just get tinier and tinier the farther away it was.

Did God just make it that way for fun?@?!

HEY EVERYBODY look what I can do!

So rivers that flow south are just freaks of nature? Of the top ten largest rivers in the world only the Nile flows from south to north.

plz gtho if you dont know what youre talking about

"However, thousands of north-flowing rivers exist elsewhere, including such major watercourses as the Nile, Mackenzie, Rhine, Yenisei, Nelson, and Lena. Four of the ten longest river systems of the world flow mainly north."

four out of ten not one, and thousands elsewhere

copperhead- i think thats right

HEY EVERYBODY look what I can do!

atmospheric refraction, waves, mist, temperature, etc... you know when youre looking at a road and it looks like its covered with water? well that 'water' hides the hull of the ship until its close enough for you to see, kinda like fog....