is earth really a sphere?

coupe_no

I'm not reading all four pages of this, but has anyone mention that Earth, as well as all other large celestial bodies are amorphous?

To put things into perspective, you need to zoom out and observe earth as a ball of matter spinning through space. The way it reacts to contact as a whole is more like a ball of pudding in a weightless environment. Gravity dictates that this would form a sphere... but we're spinning.

Truth is, Earth is not a perfect sphere. I deforms a bit from it's own rotation, and has a roaming bit of distortion from the gravitational pull of the moon (very little, most evident in the tides). We're not a spinning rock, things that hit us are absorbed, not bounced off into space.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats more awesome is that now your trying to argue things we can and have proved.

my friend, nothing has ever been proven to me except what i can see with my own eyes, smell with my own snout, hear with my own ears, taste with my own tongue, and touch with my own fingertips

therefore i have concluded your moms chest is flat, she smells/tastes like bacon, she looks/sounds like a gorilla and her offspring has evolved into a more human like creature

• Confused 1

my friend, nothing has ever been proven to me except what i can see with my own eyes, smell with my own snout, hear with my own ears, taste with my own tongue, and touch with my own fingertips

therefore i have concluded your moms chest is flat, she smells/tastes like bacon, she looks/sounds like a gorilla and her offspring has evolved into a more human like creature

That can't be true because you don't believe in evolution. Seriouslly are you that dense. Do you also believe that EVERY single email you send is monitored? If you say bomb on the phone there coming to ur house? come on man how far does ur glass of kool aid go?

There is this wonderful religion i would like to introduce you to. It's called scientology.

From the evolution thread, I reiterate;

/thread

qft qft qft

I don't understand how someone like him plans to make a living or have any kinda of succesful life. Maybe he would prefer to be a sign holding preachy bastard who tells us the ends coming and that the earth is flat.

I did not read the thread (sorry to everyone that did), so I don't know if anyone mentioned it to you yet, but did you know that real men took real pictures of the real Earth? Lots of pictures, from lots of different angles. All kinds of them. Super-detailed, high-resolution masterpieces. Know what you can tell by looking at the pictures? That's right. You can tell what basic shape the Earth is.

See... it's actually half-moon shaped.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/earth-1.jpg

I did not read the thread (sorry to everyone that did), so I don't know if anyone mentioned it to you yet, but did you know that real men took real pictures of the real Earth? Lots of pictures, from lots of different angles. All kinds of them. Super-detailed, high-resolution masterpieces. Know what you can tell by looking at the pictures? That's right. You can tell what basic shape the Earth is.

It's funny he don't believe in pics but a book written a long time ago is ok.

lol awesome :D

this explains everything

I want that job! I'd get to slap people around and get paid for it! And the best part is that people who give up their free will and freedom of thought like that would so deserve it. :D

Sheeple: Save me!

Me: FALCON PUNCH!!

Sheeple: *thud*

Me:You're saved. Next!

Just to make a quick and probably not really needed mention, the geocities link given on page 2 quotes "They teach us that 75% of the earth is liquid water"

I would like to state that that is a misquote. The correct quote would be "They teach us that 75% of the earth's SURFACE is liquid water."