Is it worth it?

V8 Beast

Huh? :confused:

Sean, you typed "reading compression," though I think you meant to type "reading comprehension." That's what Kevin R was alluding to, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, you sure you wouldn't pick up more than what you estimated with those mods? Seriously, your car is such a freak I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure how to take your post, but i pretty much know exactly how the twinscrew works, and why it is more efficient (TOTALLY different rotor design). i did some extensive research, waited, researched, and then bought the blower and did all of the work myself (except the tuning)

i wouldn't buy used injectors for an '03/04 cobra, nor a used BAP, or MAFia, but that's me. don't skimp on anything would be my advice.

def not telling you how a twinscrew works, i am pretty sure you of any of us would know how that works compared to a Heaton.

I have had good luck with my parts buying. I bought my pumps brand new from LFP and my Pro-M maf and MAFia were out of the box but never used along with my injectors so i got a real good deal.

def not telling you how a twinscrew works, i am pretty sure you of any of us would know how that works compared to a Heaton.

I have had good luck with my parts buying. I bought my pumps brand new from LFP and my Pro-M maf and MAFia were out of the box but never used along with my injectors so i got a real good deal.

sorry then. they have newer port designs for the heaton that can take it into the 530rwhp range at around 17psi--but that is the absolute maximum without nitrous.

hal will tell you how much you can spin a KB blower--i believe he was pushing 29psi with a 2.2 KB, which is fairly ballsy if you ask me.

i've had good luck with buying parts, even used parts--but used electronics make me nervous, if i don't know the seller pretty well. i bought my heat exchanger from LFP

sorry then. they have newer port designs for the heaton that can take it into the 530rwhp range at around 17psi--but that is the absolute maximum without nitrous.

hal will tell you how much you can spin a KB blower--i believe he was pushing 29psi with a 2.2 KB, which is fairly ballsy if you ask me.

i've had good luck with buying parts, even used parts--but used electronics make me nervous, if i don't know the seller pretty well. i bought my heat exchanger from LFP

Lot of Lightning guys are switching to the 3.4 Whipple on built trucks but you have to spin them pretty good and make lots of boost to use them were they are efficient.

Yea the new Steig ports are good for 550rwhp due to the new torque plate he is using i beleive.

Did you end up getting a cage?

Nope, another $1000 that interferes with daily driving. If I keep thinking the way I am I'm going to end up selling my car for a Kia :(

I'll find my race mentality somewhere... but right now it's completely lost.

Nope, another $1000 that interferes with daily driving. If I keep thinking the way I am I'm going to end up selling my car for a Kia :(

I'll find my race mentality somewhere... but right now it's completely lost.

I would say you could do that since you plan/hope to run in the 10s correct? The race mentality will come back once we get some good weather.