nitrious guys

99ta

If you are concerned I would just go the normal route and have timing pulled.

He still would be -- the "Box" just enables you to run your normal N/A timing off spray so you dont lose the 20 to 50rwhp (Depending on application) -- which for most is the case 90% of the time. With it you get the best of both worlds -- NA timing off spray and instantly able/ready to spray with the necessary timing pulled all at the same time :)

Jeff

It sounds great but my concern is its just another thing that cold not work. If I have the tuner and for some reason the tuner dosen't work and dosen't pull the timing for spray, my car will detonate. right? because it will be on the motor tune. I know I am thinking way worse case scinerio here, but thats just me. and yes I am only doing a 100.

It sounds great but my concern is its just another thing that cold not work. If I have the tuner and for some reason the tuner dosen't work and dosen't pull the timing for spray, my car will detonate. right? because it will be on the motor tune. I know I am thinking way worse case scinerio here, but thats just me. and yes I am only doing a 100.

Yes, it is one more component that could potentially fail. Thus far on F-bods and C5s it has worked great but like any electronic device, there is never a 0% chance of failure, just a .00000001 % :)

Jeff

why in the hell are u even pulling timming for a 100 shot? i ran 150 on mine, never ran lean once, never detonated, and never pulled timming. but then again thats why i love NX, and please tell me its not a dry kit....anyways, dont mean to sound like an a hole or a know it all but just curious, i dont know what all u have done, but if ur a stock motor, u will not have to pull timming.

why in the hell are u even pulling timming for a 100 shot? i ran 150 on mine, never ran lean once, never detonated, and never pulled timming. but then again thats why i love NX, and please tell me its not a dry kit....anyways, dont mean to sound like an a hole or a know it all but just curious, i dont know what all u have done, but if ur a stock bottom end car and stock cube motor, u will not have to pull timming.

Its a wet kit....You can run 100 shot on stock timing but he is running 28'degrees of timing...not sure what stock timing is on an LS-1? I would never run a 150 shot on stcok timing but thats just me cuz I dont have cash laying around for a shortblock. I think they say 2 degrees per 50 shot but thats on the safe side. Eric you should have just bought a mustang (flip chip) so you dont have to deal with this crap. lol.

Its a wet kit....You can run 100 shot on stock timing but he is running 28'degrees of timing...not sure what stock timing is on an LS-1? I would never run a 150 shot on stcok timing but thats just me cuz I dont have cash laying around for a shortblock. I think they say 2 degrees per 50 shot but thats on the safe side. Eric you should have just bought a mustang (flip chip) so you dont have to deal with this crap. lol.

ya, 28 is close to stock if im not mistaken which i could be. i am not rich, i just know what im doing with nitrous thats all. i dont have money laying around for a shortblock either. but just saying i've done it, didn't hurt anything.... and he wanted to go fast, so thats why he go the f body... not the stang :p haha, just playing, im not ignorant i know stangs can be fast too.

It was the best thing I added to my kit. I would do it again if I needed to. It basically tricks the meter to pull out timing needed. Once on it would turn my timing to 23* and off it would turn it back to 29*. I highly recomend it. Have then wire it to your nitrous on/off switch so when you turn on the nitrous it bumps timing down and once you turn off the nitrous it bumps it back up to n/a timing.

What you need to do is grab a wide band if you dont have one already. Just watch your a/f when on the spray. I would be more worried about a soleniod sticking open or the fuel soleniod failing before I would about the switch. If you dont have a wide band, grab one of IPS aem wide bands, the switch, and then go spray the guts out of that car. And since it is just a 100 shot, if it were some how not to work, I highly doubt it wouldnt, but lets say it didnt, and you see your car goin lean on the wide band just get out of it, a 100 shot isnt goin to hurt your car, even at stock timing.

ya, 28 is close to stock if im not mistaken which i could be. i am not rich, i just know what im doing with nitrous thats all. i dont have money laying around for a shortblock either. but just saying i've done it, didn't hurt anything.... and he wanted to go fast, so thats why he go the f body... not the stang :p haha, just playing, im not ignorant i know stangs can be fast too.

LOL.....yeah ask the bolt on LS-1's how they do against my stang? lol

sweet. we may be a good race, although im not a bolt on ls1 though. just bottle fed for now. sadly though i think i just killed my posi in the 9 inch. luckily though i got it for dirt cheap. figures though, save up money for some fun suspension stuff and have to sink more into the rear end.

sweet. we may be a good race, although im not a bolt on ls1 though. just bottle fed for now. sadly though i think i just killed my posi in the 9 inch. luckily though i got it for dirt cheap. figures though, save up money for some fun suspension stuff and have to sink more into the rear end.

so, were you saying you run with c6 zs? or do you know one that wants to race? I was a little thrown off. how much you spraying? where you located? we should make a trip

so, were you saying you run with c6 zs? or do you know one that wants to race? I was a little thrown off. how much you spraying? where you located? we should make a trip

yes, before i got my 9 in and other suspension, before i tied my frame, and put in my 8 puck iron disc clutch, (had the same pressure plate and flywheel, just an organic clutch at the time) i sprayed a c6 z06 and took it by a car from 40-150. i put a car on him immediatly and he never gained it back and i never pulled anymore. also i had 3.73's in the 10 bolt. im located in middletown. give me a little bit of time and i will be up and running again, i just have to fix this damn posi or what ever the hell i've messed up now. im gona pull the 3rd member off 2morrow, it needs a new pinion seal anyways, so i guess i'll take a look see what the hell is up.... also i am comming up there sometime in the near future. so dont worry, someone will get to race me. as i said im not ignorant, i was never meant to bash ur car or ur boys stang, i was just playin around.

I don't think your ignorant at all. I was just wondering. always looking for different places to come hang out and find safe places to race. how far is that from chillicothe?

and don't worry about corysmach1, hes my brother and we have quite the rivalry....ls1>mach1:cool: