Geico Insurance

Does anyone have them and have made a claim with them? how are they? They are WAY cheaper right now and I am thinking about switching from progressive to Geico.

Also I am looking to insure a bike that has some mods that makes it "un-insurable" I can lie and probably get away with it, but if i ever have to make a claim I am worried that it might be a problem. Any input on this?

I hate them with a passion...

I just saved a bunch of money... by switching away from Geico!!!!!

Heres the story....

My wife sends a payment over to geico, it gets lost in the mail. Then she sends the 2nd payment and it takes 1 day too long to get there. A week later we get a letter in the mail saying our policy was cancelled and that I needed to call to get it reinstated.

I call back and take ownership that the payment was sent out a little late because my job messed up my paycheck. However they took no ownership of the fact that they cashed my 1st check but did not update my account as paid. They then say "Im sorry but there is nothing we can do, you have to start over." Starting over means losing 8 years worth of good driver discounts, and taking my policy from $200 a month for 4 cars to over $600 per month for 4 cars. I made every payment early for 10 straight years, did not have a single accident that was my fault, or any tickets. Now all I get is sorry this is the only rate available for you.

I make my living in customer service and geico has the worst fucking customer service ever! If they get a chance they will mess over a long time customer just to make an extra buck. They told me I was high risk because I was rear ended by a lady this summer. I told them I was sorry I stopped at that red light and let her hit me. Then they said you should have made sure the payment posted on my geico account. I then said I figured since you took it from my bank that you would put it where it was suppose to go.....Fucking idiots!

You would think that since I have not sent a single claim to them in 10 years they would want my business. I just called progressive and was given a quote that was $200 less than theirs. I think its funny how the supervisor told me that every company would give me worse rates, but everybody I have called has offered me at least $100 less per month.

Geico gets a huge F!!!! If you have them make sure you never make a mistake because they are very unforgiving.... even if part of the mistake is their fault. In the end I talked to 10 reps and 4 supervisors trying to get someone that wanted my service. In the end the lady I asked to cancel my account didnt even try to save me. She let us go without a fight.

They are fine as long as you dont have bad luck like me. Just know if something does happen they wont stand behind you. A guy backed into my truck and since he had more damage Geico paid them, blamed my wife, and never investigated it. Their reasoning was he had more damage so it had to be my wifes fault... the guy ran into a parked car and got paid for it!!!!

I had a motorcycle insured with them, it was much cheaper than everywhere else.(but for some reason they where really expensive for car insurance)

I never had a problem with them, they where always quite helpful. But I never had to file a claim either.

I hate them with a passion...

They are fine as long as you dont have bad luck like me. Just know if something does happen they wont stand behind you. A guy backed into my truck and since he had more damage Geico paid them, blamed my wife, and never investigated it. Their reasoning was he had more damage so it had to be my wifes fault... the guy ran into a parked car and got paid for it!!!!

I posted in this thread about how they were accomidating to me in a similar situation. I take it back.

I just had a messy situation with them that resulted in my account lapsing because of an error on their behalf. Eff it.

Guest mrhobbz
Geico wanted 250's$/mo for a damn hyundai when i talked to them, went back to allstate and they gave me 176$/mo for full coverage on the camaro...