Lowering shackle?

99crb600

Well i was going to lower the rear of my dodge 3 inches and they only kit i found was a shackle kit and i have never done one before! just trying to get some tips before i tear into it thursday or if there is another way of lowering it let me know! :confused:

Talk to Dave (gas, grass, or ass), he did this on his Dakota a few years back. I don't think it was a huge job, just removing some rivets and bolting on new shackle brackets. IIRC, this was the only option available for the Dak, but I'm not sure about a full-size Dodge.

Well i was going to lower the rear of my dodge 3 inches and they only kit i found was a shackle kit and i have never done one before! just trying to get some tips before i tear into it thursday or if there is another way of lowering it let me know! :confused:

I would recommend a flip kit. I went to StylinConcepts.com and put in your truck and looked at DJM (just happened to be the first on the list) and found and front and rear kit that uses front springs and a rear flip kit. Shouldn't be to hard to find the size and brand you like.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category%7ccategory_root%7c-30=Suspension&selected_prod_ids=550

I would recommend a flip kit. I went to StylinConcepts.com and put in your truck and looked at DJM (just happened to be the first on the list) and found and front and rear kit that uses front springs and a rear flip kit. Shouldn't be to hard to find the size and brand you like.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category%7ccategory_root%7c-30=Suspension&selected_prod_ids=550

Thanks..I looked at they instructions on the flip kit and sounds pretty easy so i think im going to go this route! thanks!

Talk to Dave (gas, grass, or ass), he did this on his Dakota a few years back. I don't think it was a huge job, just removing some rivets and bolting on new shackle brackets. IIRC, this was the only option available for the Dak, but I'm not sure about a full-size Dodge.

thanks, i think ill go with the flip kit now!