just picked up an lt1

phil

Ok Phil you have to race me this weekend. You did this just to let you know traitor. Kevin will then beat you in beer pong.

btw your last sentance makes no sense what so ever, i dont speak spanish sir, kevin beating me in b.p, hahahaha dont make jokes like that i dontlike being punkd

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops forgot to mention- the lt4 hot which is one of the mildest cam setups out there is really tough to get to idle with an auto with constant misfire codes as the 500-600 rpm idle is not a good match with the lope of the cam-

Bump the idle to 800-1000 I hope you enjoy holding it back constantly...

Also- with speed density its going to be tougher to cam period...

When I had my LT1 car I was going to put the lingenfelter 211/219 cam with 1.6 rockers it has .525 lift and is very mild with limited driveability loss- you are going to get some driveability loss with any cam.... has a ever so slight lope...

I actually think they used to make another grind for autos.. I would stick with as much lift as possible and as minimum duration with short overlap if you must cam it.

btw your last sentance makes no sense what so ever, i dont speak spanish sir, kevin beating me in b.p, hahahaha dont make jokes like that i dontlike being punkd

Nah. I gotcha. I blame the last time on playing in -20 degree temps. :p

woah - i forgot about how bad that was.

Haha I rolled up to Miller's in a t-shirt thinking we would be partying inside. Next thing I know I am standing by an open garage because we had to let the smoke out. Fuckin' cold.

-King of Excuses

congrats on the LT1.

I have a set of 38#'ers sitting around I can get rid of for a decent price. before replacing any injectors, you will need to tune the PCM accordingly.... being a '93 tuning is alot harder than the 94+ cars.

honestly, you want to pick up some power, get LT headers (Pacesetters can be had pretty cheap) Off Road Y-Pipe, cutout, 1.6 RR's, CAI, and then get a wet kit.... make sure when you do this to replace your fuel pump first... if you do want a wet N2O kit, I am thinking about selling mine and I will include ALL safety equipment for it that will ensure that you will have years of fun with N2O :)

oops forgot to mention- the lt4 hot which is one of the mildest cam setups out there is really tough to get to idle with an auto with constant misfire codes as the 500-600 rpm idle is not a good match with the lope of the cam-

Bump the idle to 800-1000 I hope you enjoy holding it back constantly...

Also- with speed density its going to be tougher to cam period...

When I had my LT1 car I was going to put the lingenfelter 211/219 cam with 1.6 rockers it has .525 lift and is very mild with limited driveability loss- you are going to get some driveability loss with any cam.... has a ever so slight lope...

I actually think they used to make another grind for autos.. I would stick with as much lift as possible and as minimum duration with short overlap if you must cam it.

ok cool, im probably not going to do the cam this season because i just picked up antoher lt1 that we are going to rebuild in the fall so it would be pointless to rip this motor out when i can just put it in the other. but i probably wont get that hot cam now thanks. i just want a good lope and good drivabilty

congrats on the LT1.

I have a set of 38#'ers sitting around I can get rid of for a decent price. before replacing any injectors, you will need to tune the PCM accordingly.... being a '93 tuning is alot harder than the 94+ cars.

honestly, you want to pick up some power, get LT headers (Pacesetters can be had pretty cheap) Off Road Y-Pipe, cutout, 1.6 RR's, CAI, and then get a wet kit.... make sure when you do this to replace your fuel pump first... if you do want a wet N2O kit, I am thinking about selling mine and I will include ALL safety equipment for it that will ensure that you will have years of fun with N2O :)

pm me your number, i already have hooker header long tubes, but im going to need everything else so let me know

Haha I rolled up to Miller's in a t-shirt thinking we would be partying inside. Next thing I know I am standing by an open garage because we had to let the smoke out. Fuckin' cold.

-King of Excuses

you took my $ do to the fact that my partner sucked ass, i won in singles no excuses im better at you in the game of life, if we are going to race then it will have to be somtime next week, p.s you are both GAY lol but i still love you. and ford sucks!

low 13s? high 13s? 13 has a wide range, im probably in the high to mid 13s as it sits, but by track day mid 13s for sure. maybe 13.4. at best come track day, but it will be a much safer 13.4 lol

Congrats on the purchase!!! My younger brother has a 95z M6, great car!

I have a complete ZEX wet n2o setup that'll fit your car for sale if your interested. Let me know. I'd be willing to deliver.

pm me

• 2 weeks later...
I told you everything done to the car before. It's a damn 13 second mustang as it sits now. Maybe later it will be diff. But you are racing it as is.

Hah be careful with this- my mustang has been piloted to a 14.0 as well in its current state... heck I picked up a full second just because I found out my tach was inaccurate after I added a shift light- Unless you are at the drag strip with the same driver the same day ET's/MPH/dynos/etc are not comparable and any outcome is possible.... on the street most times the winner comes down to who has the most blatant disregard for the laws, public safety, and their own lives.

my .05 cents

If you ever want to talk LT1s shoot me a pm- I am no expert but I lived and breathed them for 7 years until I totaled mine-