Shooting the family dog

Guest 614Streets

This is sorry news to hear. When I had to put my dog down I took her to the humane society. She had arthritis so bad she couldn't walk. We had to carry her everywhere. I am not going to lie, I cried when I let go of her leash in the office. I had her for 15 years. I picked her at the humane society. She was a rescue dog from an abused home. She was the best dog I have ever been around in my life.

I feel sad for you. I don't know what I would do if I had to shoot my dog. =*(

I know the day is going to come, but I'm goanna cry like a little bitch when my dog's die.

+1

I was raised with a Pembroke Welsh Corgi as the family dog, best dog I've ever had. We had him since the day I was born. Grew up with him and a few years ago he just started to have problems left and right.

He spent more time at the Vet then he did at home, and he was always doped up on something it was really hard to witness. The time finally came where we had to just put him down.

I'll never forget leaving that room, I just couldn't fight it anymore and just completely lost it, I was bawling. I really will miss that dog. Like someone said in an earlier post, when it comes to dogs in our house. They aren't just pets they become family.

Keep your head up man.

• Upvote 1

thats horrible, for future knowledge please do some reading on seizures. Its sad but my husky-yel lab mix has them 3-5 times a year. only 1% of seizures are fatal in dogs, it sometimes takes hime 30-45 mins to get back in it but then he's fine for months.. sorry again about your dog.

+1000

sorry about your dog, but the reason it was acting funny because it was in a "post-ictal" state---google it. humans, and animals alike get this way after a seizure--a totally confused, and disoriented state that can last up to several hours. i could never shoot one of my dogs, but that's just me.

again, sorry

Not gonna rain on the thread. Good to see you helped your dog by killing it yourself. To me there is no greater act a man can do for mans best friend besides just treating them decent while they live.

I've had many pets, personally had to help a few out of suffering. You gain much respect for having the guts to let go and giving it a personal touch.

Sorry about your dog, now go find a puppy and play with it a lot:-)

Evan

It would be very hard to do and I even got depressed reading this as my animals are family to me. My dog would have to be to the point I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he would not make it. . In which case i would do it to ease his pain.

Man, I'm sorry. I would be completely devastated if that happened to my Aussie. Ever since I've grown up our dogs have been family members to us. I remember being let home early from school back when the dog I grew up with was put to sleep. At least your pup is no longer suffering.

If a dog attacks your or your animal on your property cant you have it put down for that? If I remember right a neighbors dog back when I was young got put down for this sort of thing. Someting you might want to remind your mothers asshole of a neighbor about.

we live on about 100 acres and one day our pointer came back almost dead and we found our lab torn to pieces and dead. It turns out our neighbors dobermans are never tied up i see them in my woods all the time. ive seen my dogs fight and kill a coyote and they were just a little beat up. No wild animal around here could do this to my two dogs so the next time i see these dobs on my land ill be loading my 30-06 and claiming self defense. Not to mention the neighbor didnt give two shits when we told him what happened