Nitrous recertification question

V8 Beast

I think most gas distributors and welding supply places can do hydrostatic testing. I would assume it's the same for a nitrous bottle as for anything else.

You might ask these guys. Worst case maybe they can direct you somewhere else close-by

Central Ohio Welding Company

253 East Spring Street

Columbus, OH 43215

614-224-5207

Fax: 614-224-1908

any local fire department, They do it to their air tanks and can also do it to our nitrious bottles, There is a fee I forget what it is. Jegs has the info on all the places that do it in Columbus Area.

Ahh, Jegs. I went to 3 Fire departments and they couldnt do it. They all shipped them out.

how often do we have to do that ?and is it just for filling them or does the track look at them to?how much does it cost?my buddies fill mine so ive never had to worry about it yet .i hope it doesnt cost to much i have several bottels .

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/flippy1974z28/bottles/100_0703.jpg

I went to a scuba diving place and they were telling me that if its not pressure tested and cleaned it could pretty much explode on you (but then again my bottle is 8 years old). The certification is good for 5 years, and costs $25 - $60.

I went to a scuba diving place and they were telling me that if its not pressure tested and cleaned it could pretty much explode on you (but then again my bottle is 8 years old). The certification is good for 5 years, and costs $25 - $60.
man if you dont have to do it dont worry, they have a burst disk .i had one pop this year it was a little over full i think my buddy put 13 pounds in it trying to help me out but it go a little to warm .