I bought a house!!

SchmuckGirl

So it's really scary and overwhelming and exciting but I close on a house Dec 30th!! I have been looking off and on for about the past 6 months but got serious around the beginning of November. Looked at about 15 places and made an offer on a place in Gahanna.

It's an older home and needs plenty of TLC in the form of paint and cleaning but the inspection report was very promising: structurally sound, well built, well maintained.

Schmuck will be moving in with me, so that's exciting too. It's a 4 level split with a living room, big den for a media room and 2 car garage for our toys. Partially finished basement so I can start doing stained glass again... Back deck and decent sized yard for hosting BBQs :)

I didn't think this was going to happen for another year or so but I'm really pumped and ready for the challenge. The home needs alot of cosmetic upgrades but the initial investment has pretty much tapped me for cash so I will do that kind of stuff down the road.

Anyway, that's my big news! Hopefully it was a smart move.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a gun room?

Oh, and if anyone has suggestions related to painting, please speak up. I would like to invest in a quality paint and redo EVERY wall in that house. The previous owners painted some of the trim but not all of it, in no rhyme or reason, and it's horrid. We will have alot of work just to get everything painted but we have time before we have to move in so it will be worth it.

There's a gun room?

Oh, and if anyone has suggestions related to painting, please speak up. I would like to invest in a quality paint and redo EVERY wall in that house. The previous owners painted some of the trim but not all of it, in no rhyme or reason, and it's horrid. We will have alot of work just to get everything painted but we have time before we have to move in so it will be worth it.

let me know when you wanna paint I get a discount thru sherwin williams...

Congrats Ananda!! Looks like a VERY nice starter home....Something you can grow into!

Lousy housing market hopefully meant a sweet deal for you?

BTW.....Where are the "Captain's quarters" you & Chris were joking about??? :lol:

Congrats Ananda!! Looks like a VERY nice starter home....Something you can grow into!

Lousy housing market hopefully meant a sweet deal for you?

BTW.....Where are the "Captain's quarters" you & Chris were joking about??? :lol:

Thank you!

And yes, it feels odd to buy right now but I got the house for 11k less than they paid for it 4 years ago and I locked in my mortgage 30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

The 'Captain's Quarters' would be the 1/2 bath off of the den. I've been over-ruled and the plaquard will stay.:rolleyes: