But Democrats don't have their hands in the oil industry like Replicans.....

Casper

Maybe I'm missing it... what is the 'so what?' of this article?

Millions and millions of dollars in donations to the Clinton Foundation from Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi businessman Nasser Al-Rashid, Saudi Sheikh Mohammed H. Al-Amoudi, Friends of Saudi Arabia, the Dubai Foundation, Indian businessman Lakshmi Mittal, etc.

Millions and millions of dollars in donations to the Clinton Foundation from Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi businessman Nasser Al-Rashid, Saudi Sheikh Mohammed H. Al-Amoudi, Friends of Saudi Arabia, the Dubai Foundation, Indian businessman Lakshmi Mittal, etc.

Missed that. I thought it was meet at jarvismb's house for popsicles. j/k

Missed that. I thought it was meet at jarvismb's house for popsicles. j/k

no, dude, that's totally what it's about, I have no idea what these guys are rambling about....

i have cookies and milk too, and you can have all the milk you want if you close your eyes and suck it out of a hose.

Ok... so the big scary Saudi oil guys contribute to a charitable, non-profit organization, established in 2001 after the guy left the presidential office? Is there more to this scandalous story? :confused:

Ok... so the big scary Saudi oil guys contribute to a charitable, non-profit organization, established in 2001 after the guy left the presidential office? Is there more to this scandalous story? :confused:

:nono:

If this was McCain or Bush's "charity" you'd be posting "Republicans with their hands in oil".

You think the reason they donated millions and millions to the Clinton Foundation is because they were feeling charitable?

:confused:

Until you can show me proof otherwise, what else am I supposed to assume? If he's not president, what lobbying power would this money have?

I wouldn't pay you to go lobby at congress for me, I'd go directly to the congressmen/woman I want to lobby with and deal with them directly.

I would only post something anti-Bush or Anti-McCain if it were relative the the argument (which again, I would point out that I rarely start political threads, I just comment on ones others start). If the money is perceived to have lobbying power or McCain/Bush personally stand to profit from it - then it would be relevant - like if Bush was running an oil corporation that pays his salary. That's the difference here.

I don't know how Clinton stands to personally profit from these donations considering they're going into a non-profit charitable foundation that just has his namesake on it. Explain how he stands to have any personal fiscal gain from it, and we can have a healthy debate from there.

If he's not president, what lobbying power would this money have?

I wouldn't pay you to go lobby at congress for me, I'd go directly to the congressmen/woman I want to lobby with and deal with them directly.

Cough* Hillary *Cough

I am indifferent to that woman. I never voted for her for anything.

Maybe I misread (and I don't really care enough to go back and read the article again)...but from what I understood many of these donations were made while Hillary was still in the running for president.

Some of these donations were made while she had her seat in Congress, some were made when she was running for President... again, what's the 'so what'?

The donations were made to a NON-PROFIT, charitable organization... how does that translate to lobby power with Hillary? Campaign donations are one thing, but this is a total separate organization. Neither Bill or Hillary are pocketing this money...

Some of these donations were made while she had her seat in Congress, some were made when she was running for President... again, what's the 'so what'?

The donations were made to a NON-PROFIT, charitable organization... how does that translate to lobby power with Hillary? Campaign donations are one thing, but this is a total separate organization. Neither Bill or Hillary are pocketing this money...

I'm no expert, but I don't see another way those groups/people could throw money at a politician without raising some big ass red flags. Campaign donations from those donors would have been political suicide.

I'm no expert, but I don't see another way those groups/people could throw money at a politician without raising some big ass red flags. Campaign donations from those donors would have been political suicide.

Maybe, but I don't understand why there's any fuss about the big scary middle eastern "bad guys" donating to a charity? Then, trying to connect the democratic party to some sort of wrongdoing or inciting some sort of "gasp!" factor, like it's supporting the bad guys or something?

This is the same charity that the Australian gov't, Irish gov't, UK charities, Princess Di Memorial Fund, Bill Gates, etc, etc. donate to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_Foundation#Contributors

So, again... so what?

Donate money to me, I'll put it to good use rebuilding the Syclone or 'Vette. Or if your super generous I'll turbo the 'busa, and have head work etc done.

But in the very near future, I need tires now for the bike. I can't ride anymore on what I have, donate me tires. :D

Right from the bottom of that wiki page under criticisms:

In September 2005, Frank Giustra flew Clinton to Kazakhstan as part of a a three-country philanthropic tour. Clinton praised Kazakhstan’s president Nursultan Nazarbayev for "this statement you have made about opening up the social and political life [of Kazakhstan]". Within two days of the former President's meeting with Kazakhstan’s president Nursultan Nazarbayev, Giustra's fledgling uranium company signed preliminary agreements giving it the right to buy into three uranium projects controlled by the state-owned uranium agency, Kazatomprom. "The monster deal stunned the mining industry, turning an unknown shell company into one of the world’s largest uranium producers." In 2006, in the months after Mr. Clinton's visit, Mr. Giustra donated $31.3 million to the Clinton Foundation.

I don't really give a shit about these donations from the Middle East... I'm just trying to point out how shit works in the political world. And if you think the Clintons never saw any of this money you are being naive. Do you think Bill paid out of his own pockets to travel around the world promoting his foundation? Hell no, the foundation pays for that..