Cost to paint (ballpark)

Draco-REX

I want to have part of my RallyX car painted. Specificly, the hood, roof, and trunk, as well as a couple smaller trim pieces. I was wondering if someone could give a ballpark estimate on how much I would expect to pay. Because this is my RallyX car, I'm not looking for show quality. Just not crap (if I wanted a crap job, I'd do it myself.). So an average, run of the mill job. I can even strip badges/smaller pieces (wing, scoop, trim) myself.

So, anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

For just three panels? crap.. It'd be cheaper to buy a compressor/gun and do it myself.

Well imagine doing an entire car.. you're looking closer to about 5,000 dollars for a decent to good paintjob.

labor is where they will rape you, that's why I said depending how much effore you wanna put into prepping the car before paint helps out a lot.

You could probably get it done at MAACO for cheaper but I'm assuming you dont want something that looks terrible. I would never recommend them anyways since they use an enamel based paint which will give you nothing but nightmares in the future.

Well imagine doing an entire car.. you're looking closer to about 5,000 dollars for a decent to good paintjob.

labor is where they will rape you, that's why I said depending how much effore you wanna put into prepping the car before paint helps out a lot.

You could probably get it done at MAACO for cheaper but I'm assuming you dont want something that looks terrible. I would never recommend them anyways since they use an enamel based paint which will give you nothing but nightmares in the future.

Well my car sees a lot of this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2297/2430607966_556622a79b.jpg

So dings, chips, and scratches don't bother me. :D

1000-2000 depending on how much effort and time you put into it yourself I would imagine.

A little steep especially since he said he just wants a decent job. I had my fender and door repainted and some dent work touched up for around $300. However, they were (for the most part) prepped and ready and off the car (you might save some money if this is a possibility). I am sure he would have sprayed the hood for another $150-200 since he already was painting the other pieces.

I would actually recommend maaco, pull the panels yourself and do all surface prep short of primer. You should be able to have it shot for under 600. The paint will be of poor quality and it won't last more than 5 years.

Fuck getting 3 panels shot from Maaco for $600. You'll probably have to respray the whole damn car after they overspray everything.

Get it painted with Rhino Liner, I have heard of it being done to Jeeps, no more scratches or chips......

It is a good idea, but I think it would be way to heavy. And I am sure he will want his car as light as possible for what he will be doing. And when the Jeep guys do the Rhino Liner, they normally don't do the whole thing, just most of the way up the sides and stuff. I am doing my rocker panels and the lower part of my doors with the stuff on my XJ.