Ford guys

Sam1647545489

My 88 5.0 is about to get Heads cam and spray, stock hp rating on the mustang is 225 hp 300 tq, is the certain mark 7 in question a regular one or is the "LSC"? and mustangs 87-92 had factory forged pistons and love spray im going to an 100 shot and will step up to 150 for the hell of it and yes i have the fuel system to support it. What are your plans for the car/motor if i may ask?

after market parts for a 302? or for the mark 7? 302 after market parts are easier to come by than a mcdonalds, as far as parts specific for the mark 7, not to sure but google mark 7 or mark 7 lsc they had factory HO motors so they are better than the "average" 302, and I have seen quite a few mark 7 lsc's with decent hp and good time slips parts suck as heads intakes cams, maf's and most longtube headers interchange no prob

190hp to the wheels completely stock. as far as aftermarket, this is THE motor that created the term "modern automotive aftermarket", and don't let anyone convince you otherwise

Truth. 190hp is way more realistic than the overrated 200+ Ford says. The question of aftermarket is endless.

I just need to know about the motor. It is not in the original car it came with. I found a car with this motor in it for cheap and was wondering what kind of power they make cause it would make a fun little race car.

what kind of vehicle would this certain 302 be placed in?

sam these motors stock candle handle a 175 shot. as long as you have the fuel to support it.

i sprayed my stock 88 5.0 (side for full exhaust) and made around 430 ish rwhp and over 500 ish rwtq

throw a set of heads and a cam and its a whole new ball game.

especially if you run a nice nitrous grind cam.

these motors are tough.

I just need to know about the motor. It is not in the original car it came with. I found a car with this motor in it for cheap and was wondering what kind of power they make cause it would make a fun little race car.

If I remember right it they have cast pistons and only put out around 220 horse at the fly wheel. I have some inexpensive parts sitting around that can make it a 10 second motor with some spray.

What would a stock 88 5.0 out of a mark 7 make power wise through a t5 5 speed. Totally stock. Also how do these motor respond to heads and cam and spray.

Not sure about the mark 7 but I think that is still an HO motor and all of them were forged until late 1992- they love the joose

the aftermarket shames the ls motors and they respond incredibly to mods- heck a guy just posted on corral yesterday with a 306 NA that he drives daily with a mild setup that puts out 346 to the wheels.