NFL draft

verse

Since there isn't a thread on this yet. Just curious how many people actually watch/pay attention to it.

I'll be sitting down in an hour to watch most of it.

I'm hoping Pittsburgh picks up Jonathan Stewart in the 1st or Ray Rice in the 2nd. Both will be a beast and Willie's getting a little fragile.

I probably wouldn't be upset to see them pick up a lineman (Offensive or Defensive) though either.

for those who aren't/can't watch, 1st round so far:

1st pick Mia: Jake Long OT/Michigan

2nd pick Stl: Cris Long DE/Virginia

3rd pick Atl: Matt Ryan QB/Boston College

4th pick Oak: Darren McFadden RB/Arkansas

5th pick K.C: Glenn Dorsey DT/LSU

6th pick NY Jets: Vernon Gholston DE/Ohio State

Yep - Steelers made out. Not the positions they wanted to pick but you simply cannot pass up the guys that were available. Looke like they got two top 20 picks

dennis dixon in the 5th round is easily my favorite pick of the draft. they're gonna turn him into the next randel-el after taking care of his knee

dennis dixon in the 5th round is easily my favorite pick of the draft. they're gonna turn him into the next randel-el after taking care of his knee

The best pick in the NFL draft just came in to the Redskins at pick 186. Colt Brennan out of Hawaii. Move over Jason Campbell, now the Redskins have a real QB.

The best pick in the NFL draft just came in to the Redskins at pick 186. Colt Brennan out of Hawaii. Move over Jason Campbell, now the Redskins have a real QB.

you're forgetting a couple things...namely:

their schedule

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teams/schedule?teamId=62&year=2007

and their end result

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2008/01/02/2008-01-02_no_5_georgia_pounds_colt_brennan_hawaii_.html

Yep sucks, he went to a horrible team.... :rolleyes: Bret Farve went in the 6th round, most 1st round picks amount to nothing. If anything Mike hart has proven he is tough, he will be fine in the NFL. Something tells me he will get a ring with Indy.

Yeah I think Mike Hart is the 2nd best value pick in the draft, only behind Chad Henne. Regardless of how much he sucked in Michigan, remember he's gonna be working again with Long and under a Parcells-managed team...they're going to be super bowl quality in 6-7 years as long as parcells stays there.