Slave Cyle? Broke Tranny ?

thorne

I was out getting ready for this friday and in the process of learning how to launch the car something went wrong. It's really hard to get into 1st gear now from a dead stop. Once the car is driving I can shift threw all the gears with no problem.

We change the fluid in the Slave Cyl. The next step is to replace the Slave Cyl. Anyone got any more ideas. I just had this tranny built and was launched by someone who knew what they were doing. No gears were banged it just had the clutch slipped pretty hard 3 times in a row.

Guest mrhobbz
I was out getting ready for this friday and in the process of learning how to launch the car something went wrong. It's really hard to get into 1st gear now from a dead stop. Once the car is driving I can shift threw all the gears with no problem.

We change the fluid in the Slave Cyl. The next step is to replace the Slave Cyl. Anyone got any more ideas. I just had this tranny built and was launched by someone who knew what they were doing. No gears were banged it just had the clutch slipped pretty hard 3 times in a row.

You broke it already? :| failboat.

Guest mrhobbz
To be truthful I was not driving I had asked a very experiance driver to teach me how to launch it. There is no reason it should be doing this. Were swapping the slave cyl hopefully before firday.

Its ok, i'm leaking tranny fluid and the tranny shop doesn't want to fix it. FTW

Guest mrhobbz
call AJ he can fix it....

Its not real bad, very miniscule leak. Pretty sure the seal is just bad. I may try a bottle of that lucas crap to see if I can get the seal to swell up. Then if that books a trip on the failboat I may take it in.

The tranny fluid was just plain nasty smelling. Swapped it out and changed all the other fgluids since I had the car in the air. Boom all was good. Tested the master/slave and it responded as expected. I did notice I'm going to need some Shifter bushings.