It begins

Twistedrx7

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A local shop is doing part of the build but i am doing the rest.

Actually there is a swap going on but not what you would think.

Both, im sure you will like.

So the Rx7store is installing a 35R kit?

Jackson

A 500R is a 35R. When sean makes the 500r he starts with a 35r. Nevertheless Jake, good luck with your build.

Jackson

I know. but technically it isnt a 35r anymore ;)

Jp thats great. When you 4g goes i know someone that will want your shell

no one will want a shell that's been crashed into a wall....

The motor out of my 700whp Colt is STILL running strong in a car in MD, and its been making 730 for the last 2 years. Im not worried about it.

On the other hand, I have replaced, and helped R&R now 4 fucking "build" 2k + motors that have just, went, for no apparent reason, built buy the sweet rotary shop by you. Im talking 2 of the instances, to motor cam in a box from them, was installed, and was fucked at first fire.

Shop around before you finalize anything.

I'm happy to see someone sticking with the rotary for once. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

For once?! You must have not seen Kyle, Zavier, Jason or Steve Doritos. There use to be a ton of bad ass Rx-7's in c-bus a few years ago (not saying there isnt anymore, Ive just been gone awhile).

For once?! You must have not seen Kyle, Zavier, Jason or Steve Doritos. There use to be a ton of bad ass Rx-7's in c-bus a few years ago (not saying there isnt anymore, Ive just been gone awhile).

And how many of them are still running?...

I just think the rotary is a weak platform.

However rx7 store does do some sweet stuff.

Exavier is sweet but I think he is also changing his platform.

I have the number to a good towing company down there when your coolant seals let go, for no apparent reason...

:asshole:

Touche"

:asshole:

Touche"

mine still runs....

On the other hand, I have replaced, and helped R&R now 4 fucking "build" 2k + motors that have just, went, for no apparent reason, built buy the sweet rotary shop by you. Im talking 2 of the instances, to motor cam in a box from them, was installed, and was fucked at first fire.

i dont doubt a word of what you're saying, i simply maintain that a properly built/tuned rotary will run just fine. It's unfortunate that there are shops out there who do a shitty job and poorly represent the engine as a whole.

The motor out of my 700whp Colt is STILL running strong in a car in MD, and its been making 730 for the last 2 years. Im not worried about it.

Shop around before you finalize anything.

Well i know it wasn't our shop, we don't ship motor in a box, are you sure you burp the coolant system. It take about an hour or more to get the coolant system working right in an rx7. You have to keep heat cycling a little, sounds like if you just started the car and watching the gauge go up and expected a coolant seal failure; you may have pull the motor out for nothing.

mine hit a parked car...so, yea, mine isn't running at the moment hehe.

it's on it's road to resurrection though. and sadly, i will probably keep a rotary platform, some crazy 3-rotor setup will most likely be next.

Well i know it wasn't our shop, we don't ship motor in a box, are you sure you burp the coolant system. It take about an hour or more to get the coolant system working right in an rx7. You have to keep heat cycling a little, sounds like if you just started the car and watching the gauge go up and expected a coolant seal failure; you may have pull the motor out for nothing.

*edit*

I am not here to toss any shop under the bus, but I will just say all steps were taken when installing, and tuning each motor. And IMO-they 100% should not have failed the way they did. In fact- 2 of the cars were tuned at said shop as well, and blew up under the setting they were tuned at.

Long story short- Rotary motors are finicky, and VERY sensitive to detonation. You are taking your chances no matter which shop you go through.

You have a PM with details of the random coolant seal failure.

i dont doubt a word of what you're saying, i simply maintain that a properly built/tuned rotary will run just fine. It's unfortunate that there are shops out there who do a shitty job and poorly represent the engine as a whole.

I agree.

And I 100% know that the rotary is capable of. I am Puerto Rican you know-we seem to be the only ones that can build them, and make it work.

Funny, since we do it with whatever is laying around, and build them on kitchen tables. ;)

I agree.

And I 100% know that the rotary is capable of. I am Puerto Rican you know-we seem to be the only ones that can build them, and make it work.

Funny, since we do it with whatever is laying around, and build them on kitchen tables. ;)

hahahaha

*edit*

I am not here to toss any shop under the bus, but I will just say all steps were taken when installing, and tuning each motor. And IMO-they 100% should not have failed the way they did. In fact- 2 of the cars were tuned at said shop as well, and blew up under the setting they were tuned at.

Long story short- Rotary motors are finicky, and VERY sensitive to detonation. You are taking your chances no matter which shop you go through.

You have a PM with details of the random coolant seal failure.

What was exactly wrong with these motors? There is no such thing as random coolant seal failure. Either the car overheats and frys the coolant seal or its a pinched seal which happens when the motor is built.