evo guys

boosted98gst

Im not an EVO owner, but i belive there are 5 speeds and 6 speeds. Make sure you know which one your going to get. When i first got my STI the 5 speed gave me more run for the money. Im sure the speed is more, butt might get better MPG

Just a thought

BTW STIs are not that hard to mod. I just got done doing a complete FP Red and suporting mods swap in my garage. With the right tools it wouldent take that long. Just a FYI incase a STI is on the back burner for you. :)

Im not an EVO owner, but i belive there are 5 speeds and 6 speeds. Make sure you know which one your going to get. When i first got my STI the 5 speed gave me more run for the money. Im sure the speed is more, butt might get better MPG

Just a thought

BTW STIs are not that hard to mod. I just got done doing a complete FP Red and suporting mods swap in my garage. With the right tools it wouldent take that long. Just a FYI incase a STI is on the back burner for you. :)

Huh? STi and five speed in the same sentence makes no sense to me. :wtf: I have an 05 STI, Protuned, I would like to do a FP red correctly but what that set you back like what 3-4K? Then what? You hope the motor holds? It is my Daily....

Mine and the wife's Cars, Both 05s:

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/TintedCarsSig.jpg

Huh? STi and five speed in the same sentence makes no sense to me. :wtf: I have an 05 STI, Protuned, I would like to do a FP red correctly but what that set you back like what 3-4K? Then what? You hope the motor holds? It is my Daily....

Mine and the wife's Cars, Both 05s:

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/TintedCarsSig.jpg

i meant the evo was a 5 speed. Sorry i forgot the "period" :)

I'll PM you about the RED. I dont want to thread jack. :)

thanks guys, im def not looking for a wrx/sti , I am way more comfortable with the 4g63 since ive owned more then a handfull and can mod them ect. im just looking for the right car under 50k miles and in my price range and one thats semi close! I should be in a new car hopfully mid summer!! I am def staying away from the 6 speed MR's and black cars, the rest I am open too.

EDIt= and the car has to be 100% bone stock, im not buying someone else's work, I have enough money put away to mod the car how I want.

What's wrong with the MRs?

shitty trannys from what ive herd from the evo folks, ive had a few trannys done by john shepard and he said he has seen his number of MR trannys breaking. I am going to stay with the 5 speed and have shep rebuild it.

What's wrong with the MRs?

Known to split the transfer case open on hard launch and crappy 4th gear.

To the OP, I was the biggest Mitsubishi skeptic you'll ever know. Just ask Anthony with the white 'vette and Garret with the black Z06 (they both used to own evos). I used to called their cars Shitsu.

Shortly after that, I got an Evo 9 RS (can't pass up a good deal). It's the most well-rounded car I've ever own. It brakes and turns like a Porsche. So easy to make power. I had less than a thousand dollars worth in mods and make 370awhp. Try to get an Evo 9, they are more rare and respond to mod extremely well over the evo 8. Also come with bigger turbo to start. Good luck.

Known to split the transfer case open on hard launch and crappy 4th gear.

To the OP, I was the biggest Mitsubishi skeptic you'll ever know. Just ask Anthony with the white 'vette and Garret with the black Z06 (they both used to own evos). I used to called their cars Shitsu.

Shortly after that, I got an Evo 9 RS (can't pass up a good deal). It's the most well-rounded car I've ever own. It brakes and turns like a Porsche. So easy to make power. I had less than a thousand dollars worth in mods and make 370awhp. Try to get an Evo 9, they are more rare and respond to mod extremely well over the evo 8. Also come with bigger turbo to start. Good luck.

Well put. I had to listen to Pham call my old Evo a Shitsu every time I saw him, LOL. Now he loves em. I agree, get an Evo 9, but not an MR.

I like the 10, but I like the 8&9 more. They're trying too hard to appeal to consumers that didn't care for the platform in the first place, though I hope they make more money as the company needs it. Plus it may make more horsepower, but it weighs more. Though Ive heard AYC is the shiiiiiiiiiit. Have to wait and see how it responds to mods.

I went to check the car out today, and it was not as clean as he made it seem to be over the phone, it seemed to have alot of wear and tear for a car so low mile, so im going to keep looking, I found another one in florida, I might make a small vacation out of it and get the car.