to buy or not to buy

Stimmel1647545512

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Powerdyne-Supercharger-BD-11A-Ford-Mustang-5-0-86-93_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33741QQihZ003QQitemZ130224080403QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Saw that on ebay and thought about emailing the guy and going to check it out, what are some things i should look for when looking at a used item like such?

Also would this even be worth putting on my car?

Car It would be going on is an 88 non mass air gt with basic bolt ons

OK... everyone thinks that these are "BAD" blowers... they are not bad... i know of someone making close to 450 RWHP on this blower that Brian tuned... You get what you paid for though... if you want to be around the 350 whp range (with fuel ungrades) and run the car safe they are not bad blowers... they are almost maintanance free, no oil required, no taping in the oil pan, very quiet, takes about and hour or two to install, but the bad part about is that you can't ungrade them and the most boost you can push is about 9psi... for the money that they are selling used, they are not bad... They are a very street friendly blower for a mild application... Compared to a Vortech, Paxton or a Procharger they dont do so well but you are going to pay a lot more for either one of them three... But like i said, for the price, they are not bad blowers, but it you have 500+ hp in mind than look into another blower, or spray it too on top of the Powerdyne... But if your goal is no ore than 350-400 whp on a stock(ish) 5.0 than it's a good blower to have...

Guest Removed
OK... everyone thinks that these are "BAD" blowers... they are not bad... i know of someone making close to 450 RWHP on this blower that Brian tuned... You get what you paid for though... if you want to be around the 350 whp range (with fuel ungrades) and run the car safe they are not bad blowers... they are almost maintanance free, no oil required, no taping in the oil pan, very quiet, takes about and hour or two to install, but the bad part about is that you can't ungrade them and the most boost you can push is about 9psi... for the money that they are selling used, they are not bad... They are a very street friendly blower for a mild application... Compared to a Vortech, Paxton or a Procharger they dont do so well but you are going to pay a lot more for either one of them three... But like i said, for the price, they are not bad blowers, but it you have 500+ hp in mind than look into another blower, or spray it too on top of the Powerdyne... But if your goal is no ore than 350-400 whp on a stock(ish) 5.0 than it's a good blower to have...

plus one... nice for daily driven street toys.

looking for more then that, buy something else

I guess this is true now. I am still basing on my opinion on when they came out and were similar in price and were junk in comparison. A used one wouldn't be a bad option now if you aren't looking to make astronomical power like you said.

:cool:

I don't know how to check it but I have heard that belt failure is very common on them and to take them apart to change it is pretty difficult/expensive.

I would stick with vortech/paxton. You can get a used s-trim for 1500-2000 if you shop around and a novi 1000/sc-trim for 1000-1500

again if you shop around.

good luck!

Andrew