WTB Fox Body gas tank

I have a 1990 Mustang LX (2.3l HOLLA) that I have been at least ATTEMPTING to use for gas mileage.

But once again I'm having a problem with the gas tank it appears that it has rusted out and is leaking. I'm not sure what all years were applicable but I'm just looking for a replacement for it. This is the second dumb tank I've had problems with rusting out (in regards to Fox Bodies). My five liter did the same thing.

If anyone could point me to a location to pick one up or knows anybody for some reason that has one sitting around let me know.

I've checked a few websites and the prices are a little higher than I would want to pay, but if worse comes to worse I'll buckle down and pick one up. I'm just trying to save some money.

TIA.

I just got mine at Auto Zone last year. Saw on their site now, $107.99

You sure it's the tank? Mine was the filler neck. I couldnt find that anywhere though! Had to get one from a junkyard, sand it down and paint it. Got the new gaskets and stuff from 50resto.com .

• Upvote 1

I just got mine at Auto Zone last year. Saw on their site now, $107.99

You sure it's the tank? Mine was the filler neck. I couldnt find that anywhere though! Had to get one from a junkyard, sand it down and paint it. Got the new gaskets and stuff from 50resto.com .

I didn't even think to check that, I just assumed it rusted through. My old tank the top rusted out, I couldn't fill it up past a quarter tank.

It was fine last night, then today when I went to get ready for work. There was a puddle of gas in the driveway. It appeared to be coming from the top, but like I said I didn't even think of looking at the filler neck.

Mine would only leak when I turned corners or had the tank completely filled up. I had someone pour some cheap injector cleaner in while I was under and I found the spot it was leaking. Funny thing is I sanded it down and jb welded it a couple times and that lasted for a couple years. I finally decided to take it apart and do it right.

Maybe yours is just the gasket? I've heard of them going out. That would be nice cause they are just a couple bucks.

Good luck :)