car died while driving

blue98ls1

My 1995 Nissan Maxima broke down on me this morning. I was driving down the highway around 70mph and all of a sudden the car died while going down the road. I pulled over and it would not start back up right away, while I was waiting on the tow truck, after about 20 minutes of sitting I tried starting it and it started but it is making some loud noises on the passenger side engine area. Sounded like a pretty loud squeeky noise and a little grumbling sound. I turned it off right away and have not tried starting it since as I don't want to possibly do anymore damage to the car than has already happened.

I really don't know much about these cars. I have had it for a while and it did not have any issues with the engine or running before this. :(

Anyone experianced with these cars that can take a look at it or is there anything I should check out?

check around you belt area and make sure its still there in one piece.. did you have any lights on before it died?> Depending on where you live i'm sure somebody can come look at the car, where is it now?>

The accessory belts are intact. I think the car has a timing chain though, not really familiar enough with the engine to take anything apart and see if it is ok.

There where no lights on prior to it dying on the road.

I'm on the south end of columbus, and I had the car towed to my house.

Guest Removed
all 95's where dohc (in alldata anyway) they have 3 chains, and more then likely the main one is the issue. most of the time the guides come apart and yeah it will make hella noise!

Posted your issue up on the best resource I know, Maxima.org (of which I'm a mod). Our engines are different yours being the vq30, but you can follow along on the thread to see if any insight is offered into your issue. 90k members might be able to give you some suggestions.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=563555