Ice Found On Mars!!!

thorne

They knew ice was there already. And that footprint doesn't look anything like it was done by that things fuckin arm. No, I'm not saying it was some poor alien with "Kmart feet", either. I'm just saying.

One many don't understand, is that here on Earth, water is the building block of life. It was once thought that water, in any form, was almost non existent, not just in our solar system, but the universe. (We based this on our solar system for the most part.) So, the excuse for no other life was based on an that idea. Now, we see that there's ice right fuckin next door! This doesn't mean shit in the grand scope of things, but it at least opens the thougth and possibility that maybe it's not as rare as we once thought. Nor may life be as rare as we thought. And remember, we're not even looking for other lifeforms. Only carbon based. Who's to say life couldn't have evolved differently elsewhere. Like a silica based lifeform, etc.

Since when?

They just ASSUMED there was ice there. There was no proof except what people thought they saw in photographs before.

The same way they prove so many other things in space or otherwise before actually seeing it. So, yes, supposedly there wasn't actual picture evidence up close of it until now. However, their previous statements weren't based on what someone "thought" they saw. It was based on many things, ie; soil, elevation, erosion, etc. I really can't remember all the details as the only ice I hunt for is in my freezer. Hmm, maybe they saw some old ice cream containers, too. ;)

If you remember, they also claimed water on Mars, then backtracked. Once confronted with outside groups in refute of no water/ice on Mars, they backtracked once again. There's an awful lot of that going on concerning anything space related for some reason. Conspiracies aside, I guess that's to be expected when you have so many groups/individuals studying things we not only know little about, but have no means of getting "hands-on" with it.

If you remember, they also claimed water on Mars, then backtracked. Once confronted with outside groups in refute of no water/ice on Mars, they backtracked once again. There's an awful lot of that going on concerning anything space related for some reason. Conspiracies aside, I guess that's to be expected when you have so many groups/individuals studying things we not only know little about, but have no means of getting "hands-on" with it.

That is what I was actually thinking of; their claims of water. My mistake.

One many don't understand, is that here on Earth, water is the building block of life. It was once thought that water, in any form, was almost non existent, not just in our solar system, but the universe. .

umm....comets are damn near 50% ice, that's what the tail of a comet is, water vapor burning in the atmosphere

and there is a HUGE asteroid belt that orbits our entire solar system that has thousands of ice comets in it, a lot of scientists believe that is where most of Earth's water came from is comets crashing into earth from that belt.

so there has been proof of water for quite a long time outside of Earth