Parting Out Cars

ObliqueFD

How is this done legally? Does one have to register as a Salvage Parts Dealer? I'm considering parting out 1 or 2 cars per year and selling the parts on eBay. People do this on eBay all the time, but can it be done without a license?

Guest mrhobbz
How is this done legally? Does one have to register as a Salvage Parts Dealer? I'm considering parting out 1 or 2 cars per year and selling the parts on eBay. People do this on eBay all the time, but can it be done without a license?

Rent someones garage, never pay them, swap the stolen parts onto your car, leave stolen car for god to sort out and get your lube ready for Bubba.

I have parted out numerous cars that I have bought for 100-300bucks. Ebay used to be the place to sell but honestly the market place for used parts doesnt seem to be what it used to be. What kind of cars are you thinking about parting out? I would try to stick with something that is pretty common and a car that alot of people own that way you can flip the parts quicker. After your done parting it out you can take the rest to a junkyard to collect a few more bucks as long as you have a title for the car.

Mainly I am interested in RX-7s. They are getting older and new parts from Mazda are starting to get hard to get. Last Summer I bought one that needed work and fixed it up. There might be greater potential for profit by fixing them instead of parting them.

To do this I would like to buy from insurance auctions, but this requires a dealer license. The Ohio BMV has too many stipulations for me to go out and get a license for what I will be doing. I think I will have to find a dealer to pick them up for me. Anyone know of any?