opinions on levers?

brennan

my next purchase for my bike will be a set of pazzo levers. my question was, what do you prefer, shorty or regular length levers? i'm indecisive on this, and i don't know if i know anyone around here with shorties to feel. give me some opinions.

Not exactly the answer youy are looking for but i think I'll go for the shorties.

Did you see my last post on the Pazzo thread also:

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=13714&page=2

I remember SuperBikes showing some convertible levers. They could go from long to short. That might be what youre looking for. I cant remember the mfg.

I think I saw on one of sites that the longies are 1 1/4" longer than the shorties.

I'm not sure how exact this may be but try pulling your levers you have with only 3 fingers, if that seems ok then at a guess the shorties should be ok.

The longies do have a little break away notch in them so if you do drop the bike they may automaticly convert to shirties for you.

Ok, for track use and track days - MY $0.02...:

Shorty or long on the brakes - it is a feel thing. Some guys like short (myself) because it is solid in feel - two fingers and you can pull hard and make the biggest amount of input in the shortest time. I like them that way because they feel more solid to me and I have more control... A LOT of other guys like the longer ones on the brake side.

As far as the clutch side - MOST prefer the long levers. It allows more fingers and more control. Clutch control is essential when you are riding hard as the clutch can be used as a braking device and feathering it out and controlling the slide or controlling the engine (even with a slipper) is needed. Shorty levers do not allow such smooth control...

For street? I think either is fine and either is pure preference. I still think a short clutch is awkward and feels strange.

Of course, it is like asking which oil is best... All are going to be vastly based on opinion...

brennan, dude... I have shorties on my bike. I love them because they keep my knuckles from hitting the end of the levers when I pull them. Super adjustable to help prevent that too. If you only grab you brakes with 2 fingers ( which shouldn't take any more) then you should get shorties. ( allowed to ignore cuz I've been drinking a bit. I still love them, but I'm a mountain biker too. all levers are 2 finger)

Edited by playerpro153

brennan, dude... I have shorties on my bike. I love them because they keep my knuckles from hitting the end of the levers when I pull them. Super adjustable to help prevent that too. If you only grab you brakes with 2 fingers ( which shouldn't take any more) then you should get shorties. ( allowed to ignore cuz I've been drinking a bit. I still love them, but I'm a mountain biker too. all levers are 2 finger)

+1 to that.

I f**king love my Hope DH-4's