Senate Republicans block proposal to tax oil industry's profits

Razorback

Higher taxes on oil companies would do nothing but drive the prices higher...

Congress members are basically being empty suits right now tyring to appease the public

Oh you may very well be right, but I want to see who voted to block this. Even though this may not work the way Dems want it to, the Republicans who are blocking it, certainly aren't helping. If they don't like it and in turn block it, that's totally cool, but offer up some solutions instead of being part of the problem and just shutting down everyone else's proposals. You know what I mean?

I loved Pelosi's(sp) comment a month or so ago. She said opening up more drilling would only give us 20% of the total energy the country needs and it would take 10 years to reap those benefits... so it was a bad idea.

WHAT?

If it would only provide 5% and take 15 years, it would still be a good idea. People claimed the Alaskan pipeline would ruin certain species. Now they hang around the pipeline for its warmth.

Drill. More. Now. Unless they watched the Andromeda Strain.?.?

Oh you may very well be right, but I want to see who voted to block this. Even though this may not work the way Dems want it to, the Republicans who are blocking it, certainly aren't helping. If they don't like it and in turn block it, that's totally cool, but offer up some solutions instead of being part of the problem and just shutting down everyone else's proposals. You know what I mean?

They did... Drill