Trade 2 Chamber Flowmasters for 3 Chamber

hpfiend

Hey guys,

Have set of used 40 series 2 chambers from my mustang... sound sweet but too loud for me... anyone wnat to trade for a set of 50 series mufflers?

These are 2.5" offset inlet and outlet and that is what I need in trade.

Thanks!

Andrew

BTW they are more dirty than rusty with slight surface rust but very solid.

ramsey are they for trade? how long is the body? 13.25" is 40 series and 50 series is longer. Do you have cats and a stockish engine as I have never heard anyone call flowmasters "very quiet"????

Buckeye (if that was to me)- they are for sale for the price of a set of 50 series flowmasters- They are new at summit for 137.00 ea but if you can cut a deal with your discount I am all ears.

I have a set of these 2 chambers, a set of summit super turbos, a set of magnaflows, and a set of stainless tailpipes (dont like how they look, impossible to align, wont fit with slicks, heavy, and troubles with panhard bar which I plan to add soon so they are off the car)

I like the tone of the flowmasters the best the volume the least, the volume of the summit super turbos the best the tone the least, and the best compromise as a pair, the magnaflows. A mix of a magnaflow and a summit superturbo is actually the best combination for drone control, volume control with ok tone but I want to try this with a 3 chamber flowmaster and a magnaflow for a better tone.

Next on the list is to cap the hell out of whichever combo is best with a set of supertapp add-on discs.

I will list them on here after I get this figured out.... I am not likely putting slicks back on the car as the new goal is 12.0s on street tires. If I don't put them back on after trying this flowmaster deal those will be for sale too here shortly along with some 4 lug 31 spline mosers and other parts I have collected before I decided to keep it/make it handle/brake

Guest GMoney
HP does you car have turn downs on it? If not just adding those will drop the interior drone and noise down. It will also drop the sound comeing from the car a few decibels and in some cases add hp.

yep 2.5" autozone turn downs... it did make a VERY slight difference from straight dumped- I would say if thats a few decibles I need a dozen...

Ramsey very interested in what you have.

Will keep you posted dave on the tails.

Ramsey,

Yep those are 40 series 2 chambers- oh well- to make them louder just ditch the tailpipes and put some turndowns on it.... when I got my car it was practically stock with bbk shorties, offroad h-pipe, and dumped flowmasters-

It was too loud for me so I added tailpipes- perfect for me- I must have less sound tolerance than you my friend...

I then added the h/c/i and made more hp and effective compression and it got louder such that I had to get magnaflows with tailpipes..

I then added the blower, more power, more compression and it got louder yet- then had to lose tailpipes and it was unbearable- so the summit super turbos went on---

I drive my car every day- do you as well?

HTH,

Andrew

Ramsey,

Yep those are 40 series 2 chambers- oh well- to make them louder just ditch the tailpipes and put some turndowns on it.... when I got my car it was practically stock with bbk shorties, offroad h-pipe, and dumped flowmasters-

It was too loud for me so I added tailpipes- perfect for me- I must have less sound tolerance than you my friend...

I then added the h/c/i and made more hp and effective compression and it got louder such that I had to get magnaflows with tailpipes..

I then added the blower, more power, more compression and it got louder yet- then had to lose tailpipes and it was unbearable- so the summit super turbos went on---

I drive my car every day- do you as well?

HTH,

Andrew

I drive the car daily... it just seems quiet.