Mustang Clutch Prob...

Stimmel1647545512

Okay here is the deal bbk adj cable snapped today becasue i was a tard and it was my fault long story...

Relpaced it with a stock style non adj cable, left the aftermarket aluminum quadrant on the car, and turned the firewall adjuster to zero, the clutch feels great kicks back hard shifts wonderful but when I punch it or give it more than 50% throttle the rpms go to the moon, the clutch has less than 4000k on it, Its a Ford motorsport HD clutch with new throwout bearing and pressureplate.

My question is what do I need to do? Go back to a shitty adjustable cable? or whats goin on here, I talked to Gearhead Rob and he is gonna look at it with me and he helped me over the phone all day and Thanks again man for that, But any other info or ideas?

Thanks

Does your quadrant have a larger radius than stock? Methinks you have a preload on your cable. Get under your car and loosen the threaded adjuster on your fork (what holds the cable to the fork). Lossen it untill there's slack, then tighten it back a few turns.

Drive.

Report back.

Does your quadrant have a larger radius than stock? Methinks you have a preload on your cable. Get under your car and loosen the threaded adjuster on your fork (what holds the cable to the fork). Lossen it untill there's slack, then tighten it back a few turns.

Drive.

Report back.

I have a stock cable as of yesterday, clutch feels great, shifts perfect but the aftermarket quadrant i think is too long, I really dont want to resort back to an adjustable cable but I might have to who knows...

It should, I know a lot of people that have had problems with the single quadrant from Jegs being too much. I lucked out and mine has worked for my stock clutch and my Spec 3. I really think getting my clutch to engage right where I like it was the best mod for the money. I hope you get it all wroked out, I have done a few quadrants and asjusters, they are a pain in the ass crawling under the dash. haha

It should, I know a lot of people that have had problems with the single quadrant from Jegs being too much. I lucked out and mine has worked for my stock clutch and my Spec 3. I really think getting my clutch to engage right where I like it was the best mod for the money. I hope you get it all wroked out, I have done a few quadrants and asjusters, they are a pain in the ass crawling under the dash. haha

They actually aren't bad. I've been under my dash multiple times. Stupid UPR triple quadrant.... soft ass aluminum keeps mushrooming and cutting the cable.

If you can find a STEEL quadrant use that.