Smaller coolant tanks for 4.6 Mustangs??

BDHG940

Im getting ready to start a 4.6 custom turbo build and its going to be so much easier if I just find a smaller coolant tank than the large plastic one placed in the middle of the engine bay. I know this one is small but I think it would serve the same function. Anyone have any ideas? Its from the 03-4 cobra's for the supercharger I guess

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-Mustang-Cobra-Supercharger-Expansion-Tank_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33741QQihZ006QQitemZ160250196623QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

If you want to go that route, I would get the reservoir from LightningForcePerformance.com The workmanship is something I would trust a lot more than something from ebay.

My only worry would be the efficiency of the smaller unit, I think it would work.

Hal, Im pretty sure Canton is producting is and I know they make higher end goods. Whats you thoughts? I want to make sure this works as its going to be something Im going to be pushings along with the turbo kits

thanks

Chad, I would try it. I don't see a problem with the efficiency from what I know about our cars. I would put it together and run it through some hard driving and heat cycles. I'm about 95% sure it will be fine.

all it is is a pressurized overflow tank it does not affect the way the radiator works use the small tank with a cap that has the same pressure rating as your current one and you should be fine

Exactly. My only concern was with the lower volume of fluid to move. I think it would be fine though.

Exactly. My only concern was with the lower volume of fluid to move. I think it would be fine though.

thats exactly what I was thinking but I guess Ill go ahead and order the thing and see what happens.

I dont know what Im goign to do with the cobra setups though. The cobra has a sensor in the tank and for some reason this gt doesnt. Guess Ill worry about that when I get to that point.

Thanks

its for the low coolant light leave it unplugged and the light will never come on

I am going to have to try that tomorrow, my light has been on for maybe 2 years. I dont know why else it would be on besides for just a bad sensor but I tried to replace it at one time and it still remained on. I guess its worth a try